Chapter 38: Chasing Uzume

Location: Heart Dimension

Date: May 30, 2017

The group had gone after Uzume, who had run off through Heart Dimension after hearing about her past.

Blanc: "...O-Okay. So, anyway, where's Uzume?"

IF: "Just a second, these footprints... They're probably Uzume's. Judging from their direction, she should be just ahead."

Big Neptune: "I hope Uzume isn't thinking of doing anything drastic..."

Neptune: "Hey John, pick up the pace! You don't want to be left behind, right?"

John: "Sorry. I'll go faster."

Noire: "Are you doing alright? You're not quite seeming like yourself." Noire had a concerned look on her face as she looked at John who looked completely sullen.

John: "No, you don't need to worry, Noire. I'm alright now. What about you, you're not hurt, are you?"

Noire: John's words didn't seem to shake Noire's concern. "No, I feel perfectly fine." Instead, Noire reached out her hand and clasped John's. "But just to make sure you are, I'll hold your hand and make sure you keep up."

John: A slight smile appeared on John's face. "Thanks Noire."

Noire: Noire looked a bit embarrassed as she started blushing. "You don't need to thank me for this. You were there for me, so this is me being there for you."

John looked down at their joined hands. He knew Noire was strong, probably the strongest person he's ever met. However, her hand felt so small in his, so soft and so comforting. As their hands were joined, it was like Noire's strength was entering him, calming him down.

Blanc: The others all looked back at the two. "Looks like they're getting along."

IF: "You have no idea Blanc. Just you wait, I'm sure things are only going to continue down this path for them from here on."

The group then continued on where they saw Uzume just off in the distance.

Big Neptune: "There she is! Uzume's over there!"

Neptune: "Nice find, me! Your eyesight's great, you being me and all!"

Big Neptune: "Aww, you're just flattering me. I'm not as good as my CPU self."

Neptune: "C'mon, you're too humble for being me. This is when you gotta say, 'Cause I'm the protagonist! Eat that', like I would!"

Big Neptune: "Oooh! That sounds pretty fun!"

Neptune: "Hey, how about this? Let's say it together! Ready? One, two...!"

The Neptunes: "Cause we're the protagonists! Eat that!"

Noire: "I-I feel my sanity collapsing..."

John: "Now you know what I had to deal with the first time I was in Zero Dimension."

Noire: "Ugh, it must've been horrible."

John: "I feel like it's only going to get worse from here on."

Blanc: "Uzume's more important right now than the Neptunes messing around."

Vert: "But what can we possibly say to console her...? I cannot find the words..."

Umio: "Then, please, allow me to go alone. I've been with Uzume for a long time, and as I'm not a CPU, it may be easier for her to listen to me." Umio then headed over to Uzume.

Uzume: "...Damn it! What the hell is this...? In the past, I nearly destroyed Hyper Dimension, earned the entire world's hatred, then got sealed away... On top of that, I'm nothin' but scraps that broke off from the sealed 'Me'... And in the end, I gotta defeat 'Myself' or the two dimensions will fuse. But if 'I' disappear, so will Zero Dimension and me..." Uzume then started speaking in her cute voice. "...I don't want this anymore. I don't wanna think of anything anymore... Why, why is it always Uzume? ...Why is it me...? Uzume just wanted to grant everyone's dreams, and live happily together... Uzume can't... can't decide... Uzume's a CPU... It's her job to protect everyone in Zero Dimension... What does she do...? ...Someone, tell her... Someone answer her... No, it hurts, she wants to die... let her die... She doesn't wanna think... Oh, someone, save her... Save me... Save her, Umio...!"