Chapter 17: Getting Together and Working Together

Location: Planeptune Basilicom, Hyper Dimension

Year: October 18, 2016

After a few days, Neptune and Nepgear decided to throw a small tea party to apologize to everyone for worrying them, but also to thank them for helping us. However, Gamindustri was still in the middle of the CPU Shift Period, so they were worried everyone would be too busy to accept the invitation. But, day by day, the baseless slander and terrible rumors against Neptune and the others had piled up, as too did the stress of the CPUs...

Noire: "Ugh! Who's the jerk that posted on the image board saying I'm a lonely protector without any friends?! It's spreading everywhere!"

Vert: "I'm having similar issues. There are claims that I've been excessively purchasing expensive teas from multiple shops, but I've been home all day!"

Blanc: "Same. There are tons of Amazoo product reviews written in my name for some reason. They're all pretty negative, weird ones, too. Some products have gotten 100 low ratings in just two weeks, and these people are misspelling words in the reviews just to piss me off. For some reason, people are being led to believe it's from my supposed secret account."

Neptune: "Well, get this: they're all posting that I push all my work on Nep Jr. and Histy and all I do is goof off! How rude!!"

Vert, Noire and Blanc: "(Is she joking...?)"

Neptune: "So, it's the same for everyone, huh? What terrible times we're livin' in! This is an awful mess!"

Vert: "Thanks to this, I can't go on without eating my feelings via delicious sweets. I'll end up putting on more mass at this rate..."

Uni: "You mean her chest... is going to get larger...?"

Ram: "There are some real meanies out there! How can they write all these lies with a straight face on?"

Rom: "I feel so bad for Blanc..."

Vert: "I can think of two reasons. One is that this is the work of pranksters. The other is that this is an elaborate scheme set for our ruin. If it is the latter, it could be assumed that it is the work of hostile nations... but that almost seems inconceivable."

Rom: "All our sisters are great friends...!"

Vert: "Indeed. That is why I hope the four of us can endure these troubling times..."

Blanc: "I hope so, some of the rumors are getting weird. I've even had rumors posted where I was giving information to a suspicious man."

Vert: "I've also had rumors about cavorting with a suspicious man, who they say scared 5pb."

Noire: "That's nothing to what they said about me. They said that I was flirting with a suspicious man, and even feeding him!"

Nepgear: "Wait a moment... All of those events have happened recently."

Blanc: "What are you talking about? I haven't shared any information with anybody suspicious."

Nepgear: "No, but you did give a book to a man when we went to see you. As for Vert, there was a man who 5pb was anxious around. With Noire, I can't speak to the flirting, but she did exchange food with a man when I was with you."

Neptune: "So, you're saying that this suspicious man they're writing about is John?"

Nepgear: "Exactly. He's the only one who fits all three scenarios." The CPUs all looked at John sternly, except Neptune who seemed to have other things on her mind."

Blanc: "Well for me, I was just giving John a book on Gamindustri. By the way, have you gotten around to reading it?"

John: "Yeah, I think I have a better idea of this world now. Thanks, Blanc."