Chapter 8: Arfoire's Escape

Location: Uzume's Main Base, Zero Dimension

Year: October 2016

Back at base camp, it was still early in the morning and everyone was fast asleep. The adult Neptune was then abruptly woken up by the yelling of Arfoire from within her Nep-Note.

Big Neptune: "Urgh, stop making so much noise in the morning, soup stock...", the adult Neptune responded groggily.

Arfoire: "Who the hell is soup stock?! I need food! Right now! I can't stand it! This mortal form has grown weak... I need sustenance!"

Big Neptune: "Aww man... Too much trouble. Ooh, these weeds look edible. Here you go! Some healthy wild plants!"

Arfoire: "I heard you say weeds just now!! Don't you mock me!! (Damn it! I can't escape when this book is absorbing my powers... On top of that, I'm so hungry I can't muster any strength. If I could at least eat something, I could probably gather enough power...)"

Big Neptune: "*Stomach growl* Ooogh... Since you started talking about food, now I'm getting hungry, Arbore. I wonder if we can have any breakfast?", the adult Neptune said hoping that she'd be able to fill her empty stomach. After saying that, Nepgear walked up to her.

Nepgear: "Let's have some breakfast."

Big Neptune: "We can?!"

Nepgear: "My sis and I gathered a bunch of edible-looking plants and vegetables while on a walk, and Uzume's about to cook them for us."

The two then headed to the tent where the others were and prepared to have breakfast.

Uzume: "Here's my fish and vegetable roast! I made a lot, so have as much as you'd like.", Uzume said as she held a large pot filled with fish, vegetables and broth.

Big Neptune: "This looks great! I've always wanted to eat fish prepared this way."

Nepgear: "*Munch munch munch... It's delicious! It's not all overcooked and rubbery, either! You did great!"

John: "Yeah, it is pretty good! I've never had fish quite like this before."

Uzume: I'm glad you like it so much. Here, I have more so keep goin'."

Big Neptune: "Hey, Uzume...? What are these shriveled purple-lookin' things on this skewer?"

Neptune: "Gahhh!!! Don't eat them! They're the most disgusting vegetable ever created!", Neptune said with an intense horror upon seeing what the adult Neptune was holding.

Uzume: "Come on, Nepsy. Eggplants are pretty good, so you shouldn't scare your bigger self from trying them.

Nepgear: "I just happened to find some fresh and tasty-looking eggplants."

Neptune: "So, it was you Nep Jr.?! How could you even think of adding those to our otherwise delicious meal?!"

John: "I don't see the big deal is, Neptune. Quit yelling and just let your bigger self try some."

Big Neptune: "Well, I've never tried eggplant before. So, down the hatch! *Chomp*"

Uzume: "How's it taste?"

Big Neptune: "Urrrp! *Neptune falls to the ground as she spits out the eggplant* W-what is this food?! It's beyond disgusting! In fact, I'd say it's borderline dangerous!"

Neptune: "I tried to warn you, bigger me, but now you know the horror that is eggplant."

Uzume: "Really? I thought they tasted pretty good."

Big Neptune: "No no no no no! I'd rather eat Umio before eating this freaky, blackish purple garbage!"

John: "Heh, now there's an idea, maybe for dinner or supper.", John said with a devilish smile on his face.