Chapter 7: Arrival at the Base

Location: Uzume's Main Base, Zero Dimension

Year: October 2016

The group arrived at an open area in the forest. There, they saw a large tent, several tables and benches, as well as a waterfall in the distance.

Uzume: "This is our main base."

Nepgear: "Wow, so there are still a few areas where nature appears to have been untouched. This is a very wonderful place."

Small Monster: "Huh? Miss Uzume's returned?", said a small, green creature resembling a household cat but it walked upright.

Uzume: "It's been a while, you guys. I'm back.", Uzume said as she walked up to the strange cats and greeted them.

Small Monster: "It's Miss Uzume and Umio!", said another cat, but this one was orange with black and white.

Small Monster: "Welcome back, Miss Uzume. You too, Umio. Oh, oh? There are people we don't know?", said a small blue cat. The cats all sprouted wings and flew over to Uzume and Umio.

John: "No way...", he muttered to himself, shocked by their familiar appearance and abilities.

Nepgear: "Oh my goodness?! A bunch of monsters appeared!"

Uzume: "This isn't just my base. All these guys have tragically lost their homes, so they live here and look out for each other.", Uzume explained.

Umio: "Those whose homes disappeared with the land, those attacked by dangerous monsters, and those whose homes burned because of the giant... They were all rescued by Uzume and brought here."

Nepgear: "That's why there are so many monsters living here. You're so amazing, Uzume! You've saved so many monsters doing this!"

Uzume: "I-it's not a big deal or anything. These guys also look for share crystals for my sake. I really admire 'em."

Neptune: "Hmm, these talking and flying cats look like regular cats, not kupokitty monsters."

Nepgear: "You're right, I wonder what kind of monsters they are."

John: "They look just like Exceeds."

Uzume: "Oh, so you've heard of them, Johnsy?"

John: "Huh, they actually are Exceeds?! Uh, well yeah, Exceeds are a race found in my world. I'm a bit shocked to find one of my world's races here."

Nepgear: "Yeah, dogoos and baby bugs are both races found in our world. It must be pretty shocking to see these Exceeds talk though."

John: "Actually, all Exceeds can use human language. Happy, Carla and Lily are even members of my guild."

Neptune: "Wow, so even talking animals can join guilds in your world? Hey, do you have any other talking races?"

John: "Well, there's Vulcans which are a race that look like giant monkeys, giants which as the name suggest, look like giant humans, demons, Celestial Spirits which are a race that are summoned from their own world, and of course, the dragons."

Uzume: "I didn't think there'd be so many talking races in your world, Johnsy."

Umio: "So, why did the three Exceeds you mentioned choose to join your guild?"

John: "Well, each of these Exceeds have a human partner. Happy was kinda born into the guild as his egg was found by my guildmate Natsu. The two of them tend to wind each other up and thus get into a lot of trouble together. Carla joined at the same time as her human partner, Wendy. Despite being hatched after Wendy was born, she acts as Wendy's sense of judgment a lot. Lily partnered up with Gajeel after learning the guild was where his former ruler had been. Lily has a battle form which allows him to fight pretty well compared to what you expect of his regular size. All three of their partners are Dragon Slayers which for some reason, Exceeds have a tendency to partner up with.", John explained about the three cats in Fairy Tail.