Chapter 28: Gamindustri Rewrite

Location: Festival Event Hall, Hyper Dimension

Year: April 20, 2017

After six months, the day of the Gamindustri Appreciation Festival had finally come. All of the CPUs had worked hard to bring about the festival, and it showed in how extravagant and jam-packed it was in attractions. In those six months though, the rumors and accusations about the CPUs had both increased and worsened. But ever since the festival began, those lies quickly disappeared. Perhaps everyone was enjoying the festival too much to care anymore. In fact, it looked like all of the shares lost by the CPUs were being restored. On the final day, there was a match between warriors that was held. John and Blanc both made it to the semifinals, and would then face each other.

John: "I gotta say, it's been nice getting to fight all those strong opponents. I've been getting bored fighting all of those weak monsters."

White Heart (Blanc): "Well, I have been a bit curious how strong you are against one of us."

John: "Oh? It seems we've both been intrigued by each other's strength. Just so you know, while I'm glad you gave me the chance for this fight, I'm still going to whoop you."

White Heart (Blanc): "You're welcome to try, but you're about to learn to never underestimate a goddess."

Noire: "What's with John? He's acting different than usual."

Neptune: "He gets like this whenever he fights someone strong. We saw it when we fought against Arfoire, and he got this crazy itch to fight her."

Vert: "Hmm, but I'm not sure how he would fare in this fight against Blanc. Neptune, Nepgear, you two have a better idea of his strength. What do you think?"

Nepgear: "They both have an aggressive fighting style, but I believe Blanc has the upper hand in terms of power."

Ram: "There's no way our big sister is going to lose, right Rom?"

Rom: "Uh-huh. But I hope John doesn't get hurt."

Uni: "I'm sure he'll be just fine, don't you worry."

Noire: "It looks like they're about to start."

In the arena, both John and Blanc charged at each other with John using his Photon Dragon Crushing Fang while Blanc used her Tanzerine Trombe. The two collided, with both of them backing off before going for another attack. Blanc tried hitting John with her Satellabsolute attack, but John dodged it before countering with his Photon Dragon Roar. It hit, but Blanc quickly recovered and struck him, sending him flying backwards. As John got up, he used his Dragon Force and Photon Drive, massively increasing his strength and speed. He charged at Blanc and hit her with his Photon Dragon Talon, this time sending her back. She struck back with her Gefahrlictern attack, sending icicles straight at him. John destroyed the icicles with his Photon Dragon Pulsar Ray, but then had his leg encased in ice by Blanc's next attack. John turned into light before emerging behind Blanc, hitting her with his Photon Dragon Iron Fist. Blanc was sent back by this, to which John launched his Heavenward Halberd attack as she was still flying backward. Unable to move aside, Blanc did a midair somersault, allowing her to dodge it. She then attacked John with her Getter Ravine attack which he countered with Photon Dragon Jaw. Due to her position however, she had the advantage and was able to overpower him. John then struck back with his Dragon Slayer Secret Art: Luminous Burst, to which Blanc responded by using her Hard Break attack, smashing through his attack and then him. John was knocked down and had lost.

John: "Heh, you're not bad, Blanc."

White Heart (Blanc): Blanc headed over to John and extended her hand. "You weren't so bad, yourself. If you practice more, I'll look forward to fighting you again."