Chapter 6: Battle inside the Cave

Location: The City, Zero Dimension

Year: October 2016

The group had headed to the city to search for a replacement part for the transport terminal. So far, they had not found one so they all decided to stop and take a breather.

Uzume: "Hey, Nepsy. Isn't Gearsy acting a little weird lately?"

Neptune: "You noticed, too, eh? Nepgear has an earnest soul, so if something's wrong, it's pretty much written all over her face."

Uzume: "She's the exact opposite of you, huh?", Uzume remarked.

Neptune: "...Are you trying to imply that I'm not earnest?"

Uzume: "Yep."

John: "Without a doubt."

Neptune: "Why, you little- Blah! I wanna defend myself but l'm self-aware enough to know that you're right...", Neptune replied, giving in to Uzume's statement.

John: "What do you think could be bothering her?", John implored.

Neptune: "Well, why don't we go talk to Nepgear? Then we'll see what she's worrying about. Nep Jr., have a sec?", Neptune said as she called out to her sister.

Nepgear: "Oh, Neptune. Is something the matter?"

Neptune: "You seem to be down in the dumps lately so we were all getting concerned."

Uzume: "If something's troubling you, we'll be glad to listen. We're here for ya."

Nepgear: "Troubles, huh... I'm sorry I made you guys worry. It's okay, though. I'm fine."

Neptune: "I know you better than anyone, Nepgear, you don't look fine at all."

Uzume: "Yeah, Gearsy. You have a pretty awful look on your face right now.", Uzume said as the group all had concerned looks on their faces.

Nepgear: "D-do I...? I should go wash my face over there for a bit.", Nepgear said before running off into a building.

John: "Yeah, something's definitely up with her."

Uzume: "Yeah, she ran away and we still have no clue about what's upsetting her."

Umio: "I wonder what it could be?"

Neptune: "No idea!"

Uzume: "Well, then let's get her somethin' as a present to cheer her up. You'd know what to get, right?"

Neptune: "Something that Nep Jr. would like, hmm... She is a big hardware geek, so... Hmmmm, if there was a giant robot equipped with enough power to destroy all of civilization, she'd definitely be delighted!"

John: "Neptune, we just smashed something like that the other day. Do you want fight the giant again already?", John said coyly.

Umio: "He's right. Even if that is simply an example, I'd rather stay away from something so dangerous.", Umio said nervously.

Neptune: "Guess you two have a point, we'll shelve that idea.", Neptune replied defeated.

John: "Although if you want to get me an opponent like that, it'd make me happy."

Umio: "I see Johnsy's competitive nature is still in full swing."

Uzume: "Uzume totally thinks that something cute would be better than a giant robot! Even though I've never seen it, I'm sure Gearsy's room is full of super cute plushies! I bet she's given each and every one a proper name, and at night she sleeps while cuddling her favourite one. Then, she'll come crawling into Nepsy's bed with teary eyes, saying she can't sleep without her favorite plushie... Isn't it just the most moe? Ooh, I'm sure it is, so...", Uzume said as she went into her daydream mode, speaking with a cutesy voice again. After she finished speaking, the other three were completely stunned by her daydream.