Chapter 32: Dark Tensions

Location: Lastation City, Hyper Dimension

Year: May 5, 2017

The group had been going around doing quests in search of the Zero Dimension monsters.

Noire: "None of them were right after all. Maybe all of the Zero Dimension monsters have already been hunted down."

John: "But they're aren't many who could defeat them other than goddesses and Dragon Slayers."

Uni: "Should we try expanding our range?"

Noire: "That would put us further away from Lastation. If something bad happened, we'd be too far out to respond right away."

Uni: "* Sigh * Yeah, you're right."

Komina: "Noire, everyone! I've gotten information about the new species of monsters!"

Noire: "Really ?! Good job, Komina!"

Komina: "T-Thank you very much!"

Uni: "So, where are they hiding?"

Komina: "Apparently, they've shown up inside the subway system in a nearby town."

Noire: "Inside a station? Why there of all places ...?"

John: "Come to think of it, when I first thought those monsters in the Zero Dimension, it was in a subway station as well."

Komina: "I'm not sure ... But I did hear that Lastation's soldiers are heading to that city."

Noire: "Alright, thanks Komina. I'll be heading off."

Komina: "... I understand. Please return safely."

Noire: "Don't worry, we will. You know who I am, after all."

Uni: "I feel like I'm watching a wife seeing her husband off to war."

Komina: "W-Wife ?! Oh, come now, d-don't be silly ..."

Uni: "You don't seem too put off by that comment."

~ Lastatioff City ~

They got to the subway station, but all of the entryways had already been blocked by the guards. They then asked the ones who escaped about the situation. Noire, John and Iris didn't have good luck getting info.

Uni: "Noire, this is bad! There's still people inside that haven't escaped yet!"

Black: "What ?! What are the soldiers doing ?!"

Uni: "Well, apparently, they can't contact the soldiers who went inside to save them either."

Noire: "Jeez, what are they doing ?! Why are my nation's soldiers the worst at working together ?! They're always making trouble!" Noire then hurried to one of the guards with the others following her. "Hey, you there! Is it true there are people still inside?"

Lastation Soldier: "Huh, me? Y-Yeah, there are still some left, but we sent out a rescue team."

Noire: "Has there been any communication from said rescue team?" The soldier simply responded they had not. "If you have time to hesitate, then go save them! Aren't citizens' lives important ?!"

Lastation Soldier: "We're doing our best to rescue the citizens ...!"

Black: "Move aside! I'll save them!" The guard refused, mentioning how dangerous it was. "I know how dangerous it is. Just let us through already!"

John: "You heard her. Those people need help now." Black then punched the guard.

Black: "I'm sorry, but people's lives are at stake."