Chapter 3: Searching for Share Crystals

—The Next Morning—

Nepgear: "Oh, good morning, John."

Uzume: "Hey, morning."

John: "Morning, everyone.", John said as he let out a large yawn.

Umio: "Johnsy, did you not sleep well?"

John: "Guess not. I just spent a lot of time trying to adjust to things in my head."

Neptune: "Yeah, it really was a wild ride yesterday, huh?"

John: "Hey, Neptune, Nepgear, after you finish, I'd like to talk with you both."

Nepgear: "Okay, sure. What would you like to talk about?"

John: "I'd like to talk about the world the two of you come from. We come from different worlds so I'd like to know more about it."

Neptune: "Alright, I'll tell you about Gamindustri. But I want to here about your world as well."

Nepgear: "I'd like to hear about it, too."

John: "That's fine with me."

The three of them along with Uzume and Umio all ate breakfast together.

John: "You two and Umio talked about CPUs, but what are they, anyway?", John asked inquisitively.

Nepgear: "You don't know what a CPU is?"

John: "No clue."

Nepgear: "Well a CPU is a goddess that rules over and protects her nation. Neptune is the CPU of our nation back home and I am the CPU Candidate. Like a CPU, the CPU Candidate also protects her nation but will only rule once the CPU of her nation passes her role over to them."

John: "So you two kids and Uzume are goddesses, then?", John said unconvinced.

Neptune: "Hey, I may look adorable, but Nep Jr. and I are goddesses, not kids!"

John: "Alright, alright. But in my world, we've never come across deities."

Nepgear: "If your world does not have CPUs, who rules over its nations and protects them?"

John: "Well, I don't know about all nations, but my nation Fiore has a monarchy. Basically, our ruler is Queen Hisui, a person who inherited the position from her father and who will one day hand over rulership to her son or daughter. As for how this came about, that's way too much history for me to get into."

Nepgear: "Even though our systems are different, they do seem somewhat similar. Is this monarchy responsible for protecting its people like CPUs?"

John: "As for who protects our nation, it's usually left to us wizards in the various magic guilds across Fiore. People who have problems that require the help of a wizard sent a job request to the various guilds and any wizard that can do the job takes it for a monetary reward."

Nepgear: "You said that you're a 'wizard'? Does that have anything to do with the weird way you use light magic?", Nepgear inquired.

John: "Well, I guess you could say that. The kind of light magic I use is special. It's called 'Photon Dragon Slayer magic'. As the name suggests, it's magic that uses light with the power of a dragon to slay them. In addition to that, Dragon Slayer magic also allows the user to restore their strength by eating their element, and increases their senses and physical abilities."

Neptune: "Whoa, that's some crazy power you got there!"

Nepgear: "Still, the idea of magic specifically meant to slay dragons, I've never imagined such a thing."