Chapter 25: Valentine's Day

Location: Planeptune Basilicom, Hyper Dimension

Year: February 14, 2017

Neptune: "Hey there, you big stud! You know what today is?"

John: "Yeah, it's Valentine's Day."

Neptune: Neptune had a smug smile. "You know what that means, right?" Neptune asked him leadingly.

John: John's face expressed confusion and exhaustion, an expression he wore often with Neptune. "Uh, not really. Should I?"

Neptune: Neptune's expression changed to shocked confusion as she backed away from John before flinging herself right in front of his face. "Of course, you should! Valentine's Day is a day that girls give chocolates!" Neptune changed her expression once again, this time to a coy smile. "Which means that you're going to get lots of chocolates today, you lucky guy."

John: John closed his eyes. "Whatever, I don't believe in that stuff, anyway. Besides, these days people give them to their friends or co-workers, or people of the same gender."

Neptune: "Yeah, they do. I mean, I'm gonna give Iffy and Compa chocolates too. But, doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy when someone decides to give you chocolate? Especially when it's a girl?"

Nepgear: "Indeed. I also plan to give them chocolates as well. Oh, and Uni, Rom and Ram too."

John: "I can't believe how much enthusiasm the two of you are putting into this."

Neptune: "Oh, I see. You didn't get many chocolates on your Valentine's Days back in your world, huh?"

Nepgear: "Neptune... You shouldn't say that."

John: John's expression became filled with anger. "You're not getting it, Neptune. Besides, it's not the number of chocolates you get that matters. So, quit with the nonsense."

Neptune: "Yeesh, no need to turn up the rage meter pal. But Nepgear told me you were all in the mood about birthdays, so what makes Valentine's Day so different?"

John: "It's simple. For birthdays, the ones who get you gifts are only going to be your friends and family. Nowadays though, you have no idea what getting chocolate means. It's just asking for trouble."

Nepgear: "I guess he has a point. For a man to receive a gift from a girl, it could mean they think of them as a lot of things. But you don't need to think about that stuff with us."

Neptune: "Yeah, forget about all that white noise. You've made friends with all of us goddesses. There aren't many who can say that, especially men. So, it doesn't matter whether we think of you as a stud or not!"

John: "That last sentence feels like an insult. Anyway, neither of you seem like you've been in a relationship before, so this could be difficult to explain."

Neptune: "That was pretty rude. I may not have dated anyone before, but I have given chocolates to plenty of people and they've never once doubted my honest and earnest intentions!"

John: "*Sigh* That's exactly what I'm talking about, Neptune."

Neptune: "Oh, let me guess, you have someone you like? Perhaps a cute, lovable goddess in a parka?"

John: "Hmm, if I had to pick a cute goddess, who would it be?" John looked up, pondering which of the friends he's made he would crush on.

Neptune: Neptune was obviously irritated by his remark. "Hey, that was a pretty fatal blow, you know. I'm clearly the cutest and most lovable of all the CPUs."

John: John shrugged his shoulders in response. "Well, it can't be helped. It's not something I think about a lot."

Neptune: "Aw man, I could understand Vert with her giant rack over me but not having a clear answer about the rest of us? That doesn't make any sense!"