Chapter 30

YOUR CHOICE: say something cute, then consensual kiss plz. This is a lil short and I know it's been a while, but it just made sense to end it where I did, as you'll see. Choices at the end as always. It's unedited, but it's an update.

I manage a small smile, my eyes warm for a moment. "Struck gold huh?" I return, and he beams up at me, though his cheeks are blooming a faint pink. "You haven't considered that I feel like I've walked into a diamond mine every time I hear you speak, have you? It's like life sparkles around me, like the whole world seems to glow. You have no idea how important you are to me now, Taehyung." 

As he stares up at me, his gentle eyes meeting mine, the urge to just lean forward and kiss him becomes incredibly strong. I take a deep breath, and then resist the pull to look over at Hoseok and Yoongi. They're important, sure, but this about Taehyung. This is about his well-being. I don't want him to be uncomfortable around me. I don't want him to feel like I'm taking advantage of him. 

But god, I just want to kiss him. 

"Tae?" He blinks, hums low in his throat, tilts his head at me, and I have to close my eyes for a moment, gain self control. "Can I ask you something stupid? You're allowed to get mad, but I promise I would never do anything to hurt you."
"I know, Kook. What do you need?" There's concern in that beautiful voice, and his eyebrows furrow, that stunning smile dimming for a moment. 
"...how would you feel if I kissed you?" 

His face goes bright red, and I step back, terrified that I've said the wrong thing. "I'm sorry, forget I said anything, I-" I pause when he looks down at his hands, fidgets slightly. 
"I think I'd like that," he mumbles, his low voice lower than usual. I freeze completely, unable to believe my own ears. 
"You're serious?" 

In the corner of my eye, I see Yoongi open his mouth to speak, and then Hoseok shakes his head very subtly, and the two remain quiet. Knowing that their eyes are on me, I step back towards Taehyung, who won't look me in the eyes. "Tae, I'm not gonna be upset, I swear."
"I know, I'm just shy," he murmurs. "I wasn't expecting you to be interested like that."

"I thought you'd find me a creep for even thinking about it." I return, managing a small, awkward smile. "I didn't wanna fuck everything up. So I've never said anything. I shouldn't have really said anything this time, but I couldn't help it. You're just...you're just more." He cracks a smile himself. 
"More than what?" 

I shrug. "I don't even know. More than I deserve, most likely. You're so caring. so sweet, and frankly, adorable. Maybe that's weird, it probably is. But I just have this automatic connection to you, and I can't ignore it anymore. I'm sorry if that messes it all up." 

He shakes his head, curling his fingers round my wrist. "It doesn't. Honestly, I'm glad you brought it up. I would never have had the courage to say anything." 
"I'm kind of shaking right now." 

It's the truth. As I speak, my limbs are trembling like leaves on a breeze, my heart rate double its normal speed. My chest is tight, and my eyes are warm, though with anxiety or relief I can't tell. My brain is racing through the possibilities, allowing itself to go wild and dream that things will be okay, maybe even better than they are right now, but I don't want to let myself down. He doesn't owe me anything. He doesn't have to feel the same for me to want to help him, however I can. 

And then he tugs me forward, right against him. "So...about that kiss?" The side of my mouth quirks up.
"What about it?" He pouts at me, and I chuckle slightly, my hand coming to rest on his cheek. "How old do you feel right now? I don't wanna kiss you if you're feeling small. It can wait, if you need to slip down."
"I'm Big, I'm fine," he insists, his eyes seeming to glow with some sort of joy I haven't seen in a while. 
"Sure?"