Chapter 3

(You chose: STAY TO HELP)

I kneel down beside the fallen boy, worried about his well-being, my newly bought lunch safely in my spare hand. Lisa lets out a gasp of horror at the situation, rushing off to find some sort of tissue or towel to mop up the mess and help cleam him up.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask quietly. He sighs, nodding and trying to stand up unsteadily. I automatically offer an arm, and he gives me a grateful smile, using it to help him up.
"I'm fine, thank you, sorry to bump into you," he replies, sounding a little frustrated with himself. I tilt my head at him.
"Does this happen often?"

He shrugs. "I'm just clumsy, it's nothing to worry about."
"Must be annoying for you," I say sympathetically. He nods in agreement.
"It is, trust me. I hate it."

He smiles slightly. "I'm lucky that this place belongs to one of my closest friends. He's like a brother to me."
"Ah, that does help," I comment awkwardly. Lisa returns with various cloths and tissues. Jennie steps forward and helps her to clean the floor, without being asked. They smile at each other fondly.

"Cute," the guy who fell over mutters to me, and I chuckle, nodding in agreement. "So, are you a new student? You seem like one."
"Yeah, I am."
"My boyfriend said he knew an old friend who was moving to the area to study, maybe you know him or some shit?"

I shrug. "Do you know the guy's name?"
"I think so," the stranger says, crinkling his nose and thinking for a few seconds. "Jeon Jung-something?"
"Jeon Jungkook?" I say carefully, beginning to suspect that I know of this guy from somewhere.

His eyes brighten, and he nods. "That's the guy. You know him?"
"I am him." His eyes widen.
"You and Jiminie were friends years ago?"
"Park Jimin, you mean?"
"Yeah!"

"Yeah, we grew up in Busan together, so I guess we became pretty close. Never dated, nothing like that, don't worry. I was like his little brother I think." I smile slightly. "So you're dating him? It's a small world. What's your name? I feel like Jimin will introduce us sometime soon anyway."

"I'm Kim Namjoon," the stranger says, smiling warmly at me and shaking my hand. The irrational part of my mind inspects his face, and I notice that he has dimples. That's pretty cool, I guess, even if it is random. "It's nice to meet you, Jungkook."

I nod in agreement. "Same here. Jimin said he was really happy with you, and that's good enough for me." He beams.
"And for me," he says simply. Lisa looks up from her spot on the floor, rolling her eyes.
"Joon, can you help out?"

"Right, yeah, sure," Namjoon says quickly, kneeling down and helping clean up the mess made by his fall. "Sorry, he's my boyfriend's old best friend." She smiles slightly, nodding in confirmation.
"I thought you'd meet each other some time. Kook, haven't you gotta get to work?" she comments, giving me a meaningful look.

I nod, my eyes widening as I realise where I ought to be. "Shit, I need to get going. It was nice to meet you, Namjoon, I'm sure I'll see you around some time soon."
"Absolutely. I hope I haven't made you late," he says, smiling up at me. I manage a half smile in response, as I take a bite of the sandwich I bought only a few minutes ago.

"Don't worry about it," I say politely, bowing slightly before exiting in a rush, a little worried about being on time. I know that Hoseok will probably forgive me, but it's the parents I'm more concerned about. If I'm too late, I'll end up fired on their clients' orders.

I'd rather avoid that.

My heart nearly bursts out of my chest as I tear down the street, my fitness training finally coming in handy as I'm able to keep running (with a backpack on) for a good ten minutes before my breathing begins to shorten. I take a sharp left, hurrying across the road carefully, ignoring the irritated beeping of sensible drivers who would prefer to avoid an accident on a Thursday afternoon.

I take a deep breath, pausing for a moment outside of the studio, my heart thudding in my chest. I open the door, slightly sheepishly, hoping that I'm not too late. Hoseok smiles warmly at me as I enter, gesturing toward the room I teach in.

"You're only a few minutes late, don't worry. If you're okay to start in about a minute, everything should be fine," he says calmly. I nod in understanding, hurrying to the room and dumping my stuff in the corner.

I then leave the studio again, to tell my students to enter the room. They do so, a little nervously, and I smile awkwardly at them. "Sorry I'm a little late, guys, circumstances weren't very friendly to me. How have you all been?"

There are only ten of them, so the response is quite quiet and calm, much to my relief. I connect my phone to the speakers carefully, choosing a good warm up playlist and placing it on the table.

I go through the usual stretches, noting that everyone seems a little more nervous that I was expecting. I don't know what's so special about today, if there is anything special about it, so I don't know whether to address it or not. But my professional logic tells me not to say anything.

"Erm, Mr Jeon-" one of them starts, and my eyes widen in confusion.
"Just call me Jungkook, as you have before. What's wrong?"
"Is it true that you're studying dance at uni?"

I frown, more than a little confuzzled. "I am," I say slowly. "Is that bad?"

One of the girls giggles awkwardly. "We thought you were older than that, is all. It's weird for us to be taught by someone who's only a few years older than us. Are you really that good at dancing?"

I raise an eyebrow, shifting my weight onto one foot and crossing my arms. "I'm certainly good enough to teach you guys, at least for now. Am I the best? Am I the only person who truly understands dance?" I shake my head. "No. I'm not. But I am in a position to help you improve. Whether you let me or not is up to you."

The girl bites her lip, clearly unsure of how to respond to that. I shrug, finding a song in a playlist. "If I may move on?" I say calmly. All of the students nod, and I sigh in relief. "Great. Hoseok hyung asked me to choreograph something for you to perform as part of the dance school's annual show thing."

I look between the two songs. For a moment, I'm conflicted. This group is split in half in terms of boys and girls, so I could realistically do something partner related at certain points. I'm not certain if that's the best idea. But I do have final say, and I need to decide whether to make them dance in pairs or not.

They are teenagers. They could do anything.

CHOICE ONE: Get students to dance in pairs (THAT WOULD BE A KARD SONG)

CHOICE TWO: Get students to dance as individuals (THAT WOULD BE A VIXX SONG)

CHOICE THREE: Mashup two songs and do both. (KARD AND VIXX)

CHOICE FOUR: Go for something more contemporary because the rules don't matter this is a dance class it hasn't been specified yet.

Votes are currently (CLOSED)

If votes are closed, please don't bother voting, as there will be opportunity for you to do so later. Remember, there is a gap of four days between chapters being published and votes closing. Thank you for taking part!

Izzy x