Ch 12: Heartbroken

Author's note:
Buckle up, babies. This one is another rollercoaster but I am so excited to share it. I know exactly how I want this story to end (dramatically, of course) so just enjoy the ride! I'll take care of you, I promise. ;) - xo

Flip slowly awoke from a dead sleep when he felt your hand caress his shoulder. Your gentle touch was followed by a splitting headache. He must have drank too much last night. He pinched the bridge of his nose before turning over to greet you. He thought you coming to see him was a dream but he was waking up to reality and you were beside him. He rolled to his back and instinctively pulled you to his chest. Eyes closed, he felt your head rest in the nook of his shoulder and he inhaled deeply into your hair. But something was different. Your scent had changed. He squinted again, his headache worsening. He opened his eyes and looked down. It wasn't you. His heart stopped.

By now, you and Sara were settling into your new apartment and still unpacking some odds and ends. You didn't have work this morning but still found yourself waking up early as if you did. It was a nice feeling to finally have a leisurely morning to yourself. You took your time waking up and made a big pot of coffee knowing most of it would probably go to waste but you loved the smell filling the air. It reminded you so much of Flip. You knew he had today off, too, so you waited patiently to call at a decent hour. But he was probably already awake. The man hardly slept.

Flip abruptly removed himself from under the woman. She looked up at him. It was her.
"The fuck!?" Flip tried to shout but the pain in his head was throbbing. He brought himself out of the bed and onto his feet. Looking down he was still wearing his jeans, but no shirt. He assessed Mandy and she appeared to be nude... but wearing his flannel. Flip felt sick to his stomach, physically and mentally.

Mandy stretched her arms up and yawned. "Good morning."

"No... no. NO." Flip shook his head. He was determined that nothing happened. "I didn't fucking touch you. I wouldn't touch you."

Mandy grinned. "You wouldn't? You have before."

Flip ran both his hands through his hair and paused to squeeze his head

Flip ran both his hands through his hair and paused to squeeze his head. He was trying to remember what the hell happened, how Mandy even got into his bed and why the fuck his head hurt this much. He was no stranger to drinking and hangovers but this felt like a migraine.

Last night started out with Flip and Mandy going undercover as planned. Flip powered through the night as everyone congratulated him and Mandy on their recent "engagement". What a load of shit. Mandy even went as far as to kiss him in front of everyone and he had to sit there and endure it like a puppet under her strings. He remembered being furious with her playing so much into the act just to get her rocks off. He remembered dropping Mandy off at the station and going straight to Rick's Place. He remembered drinking alone and chatting with Rick. And then... nothing after that. He must have blacked out somewhere between using the restroom and leaving.

"Nothing happened. I know it didn't." Flip's hands fell from his head and landed on his hips.
"Get the fuck out of my bed, take that shirt off and leave." He ordered, seeming confident now.