chapter seventeen.

hazy. cold. numb. that's all you felt. you breathing quavered, your body weak and your mind spun every second. your legs were tied down to the end sides of your cell bed, your wrists restricted behind your back and you laid on them.

you didn't know how many days had passed, but it certainly felt like years. you couldn't rest and when you did, you only saw kylo in your dreams. you were beginning to think he had gave up on you, going to someone else.

you couldn't feel him anymore. you didn't know how to reach him, but everything felt empty and cold. you were alone in a cell, trapped with your thoughts and own voice.

the resistance had believed you were giving intel on them to kylo, ever since you fell for him and rey had snitched you out about your force connection with him that she stumbled upon. you didn't know how long you'd be kept in a cell for, but you weren't fed anything and became extremely dehydrated.

your voice croaked and cracked every time you spoke, your lips chapped. they treated you worse than kylo ever did and it was quite shocking to you. it was more shocking of how they'd turn their backs on you momentarily and instantly.

you sniffled, your last tears falling down your cheeks and all hearing was fuzzy, feeling less human everyday. your hatch door opened with a swift, not bothering to peek to see who had entered.

"we are back on crait to send signals to our allies in the outer rims, as we are allowing you freedom." finn said and you scoffed, rolling your eyes. you didn't face him, eyes blank to the wall and sniffled.

"wow, so generous! i've been stuck in here for like what, two weeks now, and i am barely being accessed to slight freedom?"

"actually a month, if you include when we got you back from the finalizer. the first order has been obliterating every village, place and murdered many innocent people, but there has been no sign of ren." he explained to you and you roughly chuckled, folding your hands into tight fists.

"is that suppose to make me feel better or something? you are an ass, and the resistance is worse than kylo ren himself." you mumbled the last of your words, shaking your head and sniffled.

finn left without saying another word.

you broke down into tears, feeling hopeless and lost. you wanted ren with you and to be back in his arms, his lips touching yours. you wanted to feel his warmth coating your freezing body and sat you on his lap, his fingers running through your hair.

with your thoughts running and stabbing at your mind about ren, an airy gasp earned your attention. you thought it was someone else coming in and groaned, sniffling more. "finn, you need to leave me.." your sentence trailed off when you were able to lift up your head with the last of your energy, eyes softening when you saw kylo for the first time in a while, but it felt eternity. "k-kylo.."

ren's heart sunk at the sight of you, seeing how different you had became. he felt sick to his stomach, getting up from his bed and rushed to you, taking off all the restrained that held you captive. "oh, little flower," ren muttered the second he pulled you into a hug and your sobs became intense, stuffing your face into his chest. "i thought i lost you. i couldn't feel you anymore or anything."

"please, kylo. i need you here- they haven't let me out of this cell or anything." you panicked when you saw him, breaking down hysterically and clung onto him.

"shh, deep breathers, darling. where are you? i can feel the temperature, it's freezing." ren said and you took your face away from his chest, looking up at him. his hands cupped your cheeks, thumbs wiping away any tears that fell and your exhales were trembling, lightheaded completely.