chapter sixteen.

[a/n: i promise this is the last author's note i'll write, but i suggest listening to where's my love by SYML (alt. version) and fine line by harry styles for this chapter! ok now enjoy!]

ren stood there, in front of generals and his fists tightened every second that he thought of you. you were gone. it had been a week since you had disappeared and nobody could sight you with the resistance anywhere.

"any updates or reports?" ren asked the generals, whose breaths stiffened from the sound of his dark and vile voice. "anyone!" ren yelled, slamming his fist on the long conference table made of metal and left a dimple in it, everyone flinching in their seats.

"n-no sir.. no sight. we have had everyone search every part and place of every planet." general pryde spoke up and hux was the only one who wasn't afraid of ren nor his lash outs that were common to his eyes.

"we will find her, ren. but she isn't the bigger picture right now- the scavenger and taking down the resistance are. we can find your captive once we have everything in our power." hux said and ren hands turned into tight fists, knowing everything else wasn't important to him.

"i want the searches to continue. no one stops or rests until she is back here. do i make myself clear?" ren asked and all generals nodded, their hearts in their throats. "good. now you are all excused."

everyone scurried out of the conference room, heads hung down and hux was the one to stay behind. "ren," he spoke, leisurely walking over to the supreme leader whom stared out the window and eyes deepened into the infinite galaxy. "what does this prisoner mean to you?"

"i have no idea what you are talking about general, and certainly-"

"ren, you and i may not always see eye to eye on everything, but with this prisoner, there is something different. you feel something for her." hux pointed out and stood next to ren, both of them now taking in the entire galaxy with their bare eyes. "you have compassion for her, and i know you don't have any soft spots, but you do for her. caring for her would be an understatement."

"may i be alone, general? we can discuss this later." ren said and hux nodded, leaving the man alone. ren heard the hatch door swiftly open, with the general taking his willingly leave and was left alone.

ren hated being alone, and felt cold without you by him. he couldn't sleep, thoughts running around in his mind and it got exhausting. with him looking everywhere for you, it seemed like you had completely vanished. he needed to find you and was desperate to, feeling himself spiral down into a pit of pain.

pain that was like no other, yet alike to a great tragedy. he hadn't felt this pain in a while and with everything he tried to do to ignore it, it simply wouldn't go away. ren's eyes that glowed with venom, had become bloodshot and vicious, not allowing anyone to see through him.

but if he was being honest, he was heartbroken. and he hadn't known why he was.

he didn't know if it was because you ran away again or he lost you for good- he hoped the second thought wasn't the right answer.

ren continued to stare out the window, his thoughts on a rampage in his head and scoffed bitterly to it, a tear going down his cheek. his lower lip quivered with his chin, shaking his head and didn't want to cry again.

he needed to stop crying, but he couldn't. all of everything that was inside of him was damaged and he could barely feel himself holding on for everything. ren had began to believe he was the hope in life that he had always been searching for and someone who could try to understand him.