Chapter 3

*One Year Later/18th Birthday*
"Heyy, you're birthday is coming up right?" Han asked.
"Yeah, next week why?" I asked.
"I have a special surprise for you coming." Han said.
"Really? What is it?" I asked.
"If I told you, it would ruin the surprise." Han said.
"You sneaky squirrel." I said.
"What?" Han asked.
"I don't know why I called you that. Hmm, maybe because your chubby cheeks resemble that of a squirrel." I said.
"Ah, yep. Stay call me that all the time." Han said.
"Well, I turn 18. I can't wait for the moment we get to meet in person." I said.
"I don't know if we ever will. I will try to make plans to go to America." Han said.
"If you do, could you bring your members. I would love to meet them in person too." I said.
"We'll talk about it." Han said.
"Okay, well I've got to go." I said.
"Kay, have a good day." Han said.
"Thanks!" I exclaimed.

A week later, I have planned my 18th birthday. Since I am half Filipino, I have planned what's called a debut. It's not what you think of when talking about K-pop groups. It's my coming-of-age birthday party. It is defined as: The debut is a traditional Filipino coming-of-age celebration which celebrates a young woman's 18th birthday, the age of maturity in the Philippines. So, yeah. It's meant to be a big party, so I'm looking forward to it tonight.

I have chosen my dress. It looks like this:

I loved it as soon as I put it on

I loved it as soon as I put it on. I invited my cousins from The Philippines, who were able to make it because they wouldn't miss this party for the world. One of my cousins did my makeup, making me look even more beautiful. I am wearing some pretty tall heels, which I will make work as best I can. I used to wear heels all the time, but now I don't like wearing them as much because it hurts my feet. If I wore flats with my dress, it would drag on the floor. I wouldn't want that.

Tonight, the party begins. I wait until everyone shows up to start the festivities. These parties always have their traditions, which my mom told me all about. One of them is that I dance with all the men who attended the party. Now, I invited a few of my male friends to this party, and I know how awkward it'll be. I mean, three of them are dancers, so I hope they'll help me. I have chosen 18 of the guys who will dance with me. I left 8 spots open in that small chance that Stray Kids were to show up. I mean, they totally wouldn't, but what are the odds right?

I begin my slow dance with my male friends. I will be ending the dance with my dad. The song I chose for the slow dance is the classic; Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. It will loop as I dance with more guys. Then, by the time I got to the end of the list of guys, surprisingly, 8 special guests make their appearance. I pause my dance with my friend to look.
"STEP OUT! Hello, we are Stray Kids!" Stray Kids said in unison.
"Is this the special surprise you were talking about?" I asked Han.
"Yes. Hi, I'm Han." Han said, Stray Kids continuing their introductions as usual.
When they finish their introductions, they start slow dancing with me. Bang Chan is up first, and the order is the same for when I had the video call with them.

Bang Chan sings along to Ed Sheeran. It is one of his favorite artists after all. I look into Bang Chan's eyes, unable to believe that they're actually here. I try to contain my excitement as I dance with each member. These guys are some of the best dancers out there. They are probably better than the guys on the school dance team. Han is the last guy in Stray Kids to dance with me. I feel like he switched with I.N on purpose. We dance and sing along to Thinking Out Loud. We feel the feelings expressed in this song. The biggest surprise came when we were done dancing and the song was coming to an end. Han kisses me. He kissed me! I kiss him back, then I take a step back and gasp.
"Han? Did you mean that?" I asked.
"You’re 18 now. I feel like I can ask you to be my girlfriend." Han said.
"Your dating ban has been lifted, right?" I asked.
"Yes, it has." Han said.
"Okay, then yes. I will be your girlfriend. You have no idea. I was so worried about being your girlfriend." I said.
"Why worry? You have me to protect you now. Don't worry about the haters." Han said.
"Okay." I said, hugging him.

I am just now realizing that Han kissed me in front of all my family, all my friends, and all the people who I grew up with, went to school with. They are just now finding out that I have been calling this boy from South Korea, for the past year. We have been slowly building up this relationship. It only took one year and waiting for the ban to be lifted for Han to ask me out. Now that our dance is over, Stray Kids perform live for my birthday. Wow, this is like my own personal concert.

Han hands me the official Stray Kids light stick, which he is giving me for my birthday. I have it now, which I can use to wave around during the concert. Watching these boys perform live, performing all my favorite songs, surrounded by my close friends and family. This day couldn't have ended any other way. My dad will surely have something to say about Han and I, though. Han is a celebrity, 3 years older, and a K-pop idol. This is not the type of man my dad imagined me with. He will just have to accept it because I am 18 now, and I can do what I want.