Chapter 14

We all decided to go out to a Korean barbecue place. We all agreed that this type of restaurant has our favorite foods. As we walked in and got seated at our table, the chorus of Spread My Wings by Stray Kids was playing. We all belt the lyrics, laughing to ourselves afterwards. We get served our food, and for those who drink alcohol, they ordered a couple rounds of soju. As we're eating and having a great time, there were a few fans who came up to greet Stray Kids. I feel sad that Lee Know and Changbin have to be in the military now, but I know they'll return soon. Stray Kids could still be performing 6 members, but it didn't feel right to them when they began performing, so they just decided to go on military hiatus. The next members who have to go are; Hyunjin and Han. It will be heartbreaking to send them off, and very soon. Felix technically doesn't need to go since he's Australian.

With the next members' enlistment coming up, I try not to think about it too much. I just like spending the time I can with the boys before they do go. As we're finishing up dinner, Black Swan by BTS starts playing. Even though we're already finishing dinner, I want to stick around to listen to this song. It's such a good song, although a classic at this time. It still slaps to this day. It came out while I was still in high school, so it holds a lot of meaning to me. We sit at our table, singing along to Black Swan. The beats, the lyrics, the choreography. Every part of this song is a piece of art. I really love it. It makes me miss BTS because, at this point, they have disbanded. The reason is that after their second contract expired, they decided not to renew because members were going to the military. Jungkook just recently enlisted, it just didn't make sense for them to continue after military service. They decided their end.

Stray Kids, the girls, and I leave the restaurant and go back to JYP Entertainment. They thought it would be fun if the girlfriends, wife, and fiancees would create the female version of Stray Kids, just as an unofficial K-pop group. We obviously loved the idea, so we began practicing that night. We thought it would be fun to hold a concert where we performed what we learned. Stray Kids taught us their choreography. I was actually able to get in contact with Lee Know and Changbin's girlfriends, who are named Minjee and Hwayoung. They said they're down to come around and join our little female Stray Kids groups. We had to think of a name of our group on the spot, so we bounced a couple ideas off of each other. Wow, this is already really fun.

After some long thought about what our group name should be, we came up with G RACHA, standing for Girl Racha. Like the subunits of Stray Kids being named [blank] Racha for the different things they specialize in. For example, 3RACHA is Changbin, Han, and Bang Chan, and they're the rappers. Or DANCE RACHA, which is Felix, Hyunjin, and Lee Know. With a name, we continue practicing with our boys. I love this, it's so much fun. Even though I can't dance very well, I have already learned a lot. Stray Kids are very proud of us. They even spoke with their company that next morning about having a temporary contract with JYP Entertainment so we could become legit artists under this company. They haven't said yes or no yet, as they want to see what we've got. We've only been training for a day, so we might not be that good yet.

While in the practice room, we start discussing this.
"So, girls, we need to figure it out. Who will take each position?" I asked.
"Well, you have a really good voice. It's an alto, so it's good for harmony." Jayde said.
"So I should take one of the vocal positions?" I asked.
"Yes, maybe main or lead vocal." Jayde said.
"Hmm, what should my position be?" Grace asked.
"You're actually a really good dancer." Mikaela said.
"You really think so?" Grace asked.
"Yeah, of course." Mikaela said.
"Alright, Grace you'll be our main dancer." I said.
"What about me?" Chaeyeon asked.
"You know what, you're also a great dancer. You can be a lead dancer." Jayde said.
"What if we take our boyfriends' positions?" I asked.
"That's actually a great idea." Mikaela said.
"But, can you rap though?" Grace asked.
"Good point. I'll be more on the vocal position that Han takes here and there." I said.
"Alright. It's settled then. We'll take our boys' positions. That's a much easier way of putting us into positions. Let's go to different trainers here and have them help us with our positions. Like, train us to be good in that position." Jayde said.
"You're already a great leader." I said.
"Aww, thank you." I said.

All of us girls split up and went all over the company, searching for the trainers. I asked Han where to find them, and he told me that they're already really busy with the regular trainees. It would be easier if he just trained me. Agreeing with it, we go back to the practice room together. We run through a couple vocal warm ups, then practice dancing.
"Do you want to try rapping?" Han asked.
"I suck at rapping." I said.
"Got it. Hmm, you wanna try my part in Back Door?" Han asked.
"Sure. Let me see the lyrics real quick." I said, googling the lyrics. I remember Han does the opening verse. I start singing and rapping his part. He just giggles at my cute attempt.
"Okay. Let me show you how it's done." Han said. He starts doing his part and I am blown away by his vocals and rap ability. It never fails to impress me.
"I get it. How will I be able to rap your part?" I asked.
"It just takes practice." Han said.
"Okay, I'll keep practicing your parts." I said.
"I believe in you." Han said.