Chapter 5

*6 Months Later*
It's been 6 hard months of trying to adjust to life in Germany. I have my student visa now, which means I'm allowed to stay here, live here, and attend Uni here. On the night where I am in tears, Han's handsome face pops up on my screen with a guitar in his hands.
"Hey, baby. This is for you. Here is one of your favorites, Mixtape #2." Han said.
"Aww, it would mean a lot. German Uni is kicking my butt." I said.
He starts rapping, then singing the chorus. I love this song so much. It calms me down whenever I am stressed out. Hearing Han's voice calms me too. I feel like his vocals are not recognized enough. Everyone always talks about Seungmin's or Bang Chan's vocals. Nobody really talks about Han unless it's about his rap or high notes.

When he sings the last part where it's all the guys together, I sing along with him. I miss that moment we had that night of my 18th birthday when he played acoustic guitar and we just jammed together. The next song he plays is Ex. I really like the sound of Stray Kids songs that have guitar in them. I feel like it really suits their voices. Han's part comes up and I can't help but smile. He has such a pretty voice. I unfortunately, wasn't able to get that album, the repackaged album; IN LIFE. I got GO LIVE, but I wasn't able to get IN LIFE on time. Han said he sent me something, and it should be arriving soon. I will take his word on it.

The next day, I checked my front door to find a package from South Korea. Curious, I pick it up and bring it into my room. Inside the box is a little note. It reads:
Heard you were missing an album from your collection. Here's just what you were missing ;) ~Han(한지성)
This is the package Han was talking about. I had shipped my whole shelf from America, and in the few boxes was my growing collection of K-pop albums. I had sold all my American artist albums because all I cared for was my K-pop albums. Now, when I opened the rest of the package, there was all three versions of IN LIFE; Type A, Type B, and the Limited Version, along with three posters. Yes, I have been waiting to fill my walls with more K-pop groups. I hung up all my other posters from past albums. I excitedly rip open the album to see who's photo cards I get.

While I am unboxing the album, I stick the disc into my CD player, which I bought here because I am too lazy to buy an adapter for my American CD player. Plus, this one is more sleek and modern-looking. I like this one because it's the type where you can see the disc spinning. This is the one I'm talking about:

Yes, the infamous white CD player for K-pop albums

Yes, the infamous white CD player for K-pop albums. It was quite hard to find here in Germany, but I eventually found one in the local records store. They still have those, and I think they're so cool. They have vinyals and record players. I may be the more modern type, but oldie stuff like that always have a special place in my heart.

Man, this album is so good. I texted Han that I got the album and thanked him for it. I sent him pictures of the photo cards I got. I am so happy with what I got. I rarely pull my bias, and this time around, I actually got Felix. That makes me so happy. I have a binder where I store all my photo cards. It's been slowly building since December of 2019. Wow, it's been that long already? What a different year 2019 was. Times were different back then. As I reminiscence on the old times, I flip through the photo book multiple times.

I finish unboxing my new Stray Kids album and put it on my shelf with my other treasured albums. IN LIFE may have come out a few years ago at this point, but it still slaps. I can say the same about so many other albums. It's like the album just gets better with time. I think a lot of people can agree with me on this. Now, my shelf is slowly growing again. It's looking very aesthetic. I am really liking how it's looking.

Later that day, I go to my afternoon classes. While I am majoring in English, I also take German to freshen up on it, and my other minor is Korean. I was surprised when I found out that I could minor in Korean, in Germany. I'm guessing it's because there is a lot of Koreans living in Germany. Whenever I am struggling with my Korean classes, I ask Han. He is very helpful when I get his assistance. I have found that German Uni is pretty strict with how they do majors and whatnot. I have learned their system pretty well, so I'm proud of myself.

By the evening, I am finished with all my classes for the day and can return to my house. Yes, I actually got a house near the Uni. I got pretty lucky and was able to rent this for the time I am attending Uni in Germany. The family who allowed me to stay here was super nice. I called Han, but I don't know if he's busy or not. It is around 10pm now, so I hope I waited around long enough. It should be 6am in South Korea.
"Hello?" Han asked, his morning voice is so hot.
"Hey, baby. How's it going?" I asked.
"I just woke up. I usually wake up at 9." Han said.
"Yeah, I get that. Usually, while in high school, I woke up at like 8 or 9 for online class." I said.
"How do you like the album?" Han asked.
"Oh, I love it, thank you." I said.
"Good." Han said, smiling. He runs his hand through his hair.
Han and I talk for about three hours until he has to go do work for Stray Kids. He's excited to announce that Stray Kids will be coming to Germany for their world tour. I can't wait for their arrival.