Epilogue

Hyunjin and I.N made their return from the Korean army. Han and I had another baby and named her; Han Narae(한나래), and her English name is: Persephone Han. We decided to name her after the Greek Goddess, Persephone who is the wife of Hades and rules the Underworld, being the queen of the Underworld. She is the goddess of vegetation and spring. I thought it was quite fitting since she was born in the spring. I also like unique names like that, naming children after Greek and Roman Gods and goddesses was always something cool.

Now, years later, all four of us are living our lives out in Japan. We decided to relocate to Japan for a change of scenery. Peter is 17 now and Persephone is 15 1/2, almost 16. They are attending Osaka City NISHI Senior Highschool in Osaka, Japan. They seemed to transition quite easily from their middle school in Seoul. I've always wanted to live in Japan, so that is why we're trying it, and went back and forth between Tokyo and Osaka. Both are massive cities, but finally opted for Osaka. Pete and Persephone seem to love it here. They were able to make friends easily. Their new friends even gave them Japanese names. Pete's Japanese name is: Hiroyuki or 博之. Persephone's Japanese name is: Haru or ハル. Funnily enough, "haru" has a completely different meaning in Korean; 하루 means 'one day'.

One day, Persephone came to me, telling me he had met a really cute guy while at school. Looking at his photo, I couldn't agree more. I always had a soft spot for Japanese guys, and this guy, ooh. He's a good-looking guy.
"What's his name?" I asked.
"Ah, his name is Nakamura Hiro. In Japanese, his name is written like this," Persephone pauses to write down his name in Japanese: 中村ヒロ.
"Ahh, I see. You should bring him around some time so we could meet him." I said.
"Well, he's kind of shy." Persephone said.
"Oh, okay. Well, whenever he has the confidence, you bring him around." I said.
"You promise you won't embarrass me or him?" Persephone asked.
"What? When would I ever?" I asked.
"Remember that one time in 6th grade?" Persephone asked.
She is referring to the time when I showed up at her talent show and went full K-pop stan mode on her, holding up a poster and everything, "That was only one time."
"Whatever, mom. Don't do it again, please. I really like this guy." Persephone said.
"Alright, honey. Just follow your heart." I said.

Moments later, Pete comes bursting through the door,
"Mom, dad! You have to see this girl I met at school."
"Again. . ." Han said.
"Shut up." Pete said.
"Hey, don't talk to your father like that. Now, who is the girl?" I said.
"Sorry, pops. Her name is Nakamura Hotaru." Pete said.
"No, way. That's Hiro's twin sister." Persephone said.
"Oh, looks like we've got ourselves a love. . . Square? Cuz there's four? Anyways. . ." Han said.
"How could you not tell me first that you have a crush on my crush's twin?" Persephone asked.
"I didn't know she even had a twin brother." Pete said.
"You guys go settle this elsewhere, please?" I asked.
Pete and Persephone go to their rooms to discuss the fiasco that is their love triangle between a pair of twins and themselves.

By the end of the week, they settled it. They decided that they will date their crushes, but make sure to go to different date locations and never have a moment where they spot each other while on their dates. I'm happy for them, but it's kind of funny how things happened. I hope that it doesn't cause any more conflict between the siblings. I find it so interesting that Persephone and Pete fell in love with boy-girl twins. I feel like that is awfully rare and doesn't happen very often. They will continue dating Hiro and Hotaru for as long as their relationships last. Han and I will continue to be happy with whatever decision they make, as long as it's not a bad or life threatening decision.

By the time Pete and Persephone graduated from Osaka City NISHI Senior Highschool, they were fluent in Japanese and have been dating Hiro and Hotaru the entire time. They planned on moving back to South Korea because the missed it there. They reconnected with old friends and even showed Hiro and Hotaru around. They had never been to South Korea before, so it was really cool that they were visiting. Two or three years later, Pete proposed to Hotaru and planned to get married. A few days afterwards, Hiro proposed to Persephone. I guess they truly fell in love from love at first sight, and that couldn't be any cuter.

Hiro, Hotaru, Persephone, and Pete all moved into a house together in Seoul and are going to raise their families together. Sometimes, twins never truly separate, no matter what. Han and I are so happy for them. Persephone and Hiro ended up having a baby boy they named Takahiro. Pete and Hotaru ended up having a baby girl they named Mina, after Hotaru's bias in Twice. They raised their children together and lived as one big, happy family, for the rest of their days.