Chapter 4

When the party is over, I go to the rest room to change into more comfortable clothes. Those heels really killed my feet, but it was so worth it. I got to dance with my friends and Stray Kids, which I could have never imagined in my whole life. Now, Han and I are dating, and I can only imagine what the special announcement by JYP Entertainment will look like. It always starts with, Hello. This is JYP Entertainment. Then, it continues on with the rest of the message.

I finish changing clothes and meet up with Stray Kids who were waiting in the ballroom where the party was held.
"That was crazy, guys. I had no idea you were coming." I said.
"We really wanted to come surprise you. We got permission to come see you." Bang Chan said.
"I mean, you guys are crazy busy. How do you have time to take like a week to come to America?" I asked.
"Han really did his work, and convinced our boss." Bang Chan said.
"Thank you, Han. Did you know about us?" I asked.
"Oh, no. Not at all." Bang Chan said.
"He's really good at keeping secrets sometimes." Felix said.
"Yeah, I understand why he wanted to hide it from you guys. Now, you obviously know. How do you feel?" I asked.
"Well, we think you're a really nice girl for Han." Felix said.
"Aww, thank you." I said.
"Yeah, I mean as long as Han is happy, we're happy for him." Bang Chan said.
"Do you want to move into the Stray Kids dorms?" Han asked.
"Woah, that was sudden." I said.
"Do you have college, or do you need to be in the States?" Han asked.
"Well, I thought we would need to be a few months into the relationship before you asked me to move in." I said.
"It would kill me if I have to do long distance." Han said.
"I'm sorry, Han. I don't think I'm ready to move in. I mean, we just started dating today." I said.
"Hmm, okay. I understand." Han said.

It broke my heart to admit that I am not ready to move in with Han. It would be a lot to get used to. Moving from one country to another is one thing, but moving into the Stray Kids dorms of all places. . . That would be even more difficult. I would be surrounded by celebrities and trainees who have infinite amounts of talent. More than I could ever imagine. Han promised me that he would protect me the moment I am ready to move in with him. Stray Kids have a spare room that they don't use, so they're leaving it open for me. How nice of them. I really appreciate them.

That next morning, I had noticed that Han is cuddling me, still fast asleep. Aww, jet lag must of hit him hard. I don't even remember bringing him home last night. Huh, weird. Well, I guess since I'm 18 now, I should think about college and moving out. I know my older brother didn't move out right away when he turned 18, so maybe I should stick around a little longer. I was thinking of moving to Reno to attend UNR, a really good college in my state. I applied there, along with colleges overseas. I applied at the following overseas colleges:
•Yonsei University - Seoul, South Korea
•Korea University - Seoul, South Korea
•Sungkyunkwan University - Seoul, South Korea
•Heidelberg University - Heidelberg, Germany
•University of Freiburg - Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
•Frankfurt University of Music and Performing Arts - Frankfurt am Main, Germany
•Kyoto University - Kyoto, Japan
•The University of Tokyo - Tokyo, Japan
•Osaka University - Osaka, Japan

I thought I would at least give it a try applying at foreign universities because it would be a big change from life in America. When I found out the following week that the universities in Germany and South Korea had accepted me, I now had to make a really hard decision. I learned German in high school for three years, and it would all go to waste if I didn't attend Uni in Germany. On the other hand, Han will be in South Korea, and a university accepted me there. After going back and forth between the two universities who accepted me: Korea University and Heidelberg University, I finally decided that I will go to Germany. I don't want my German lessons to all go to waste. Sure, it's been a whole year since I learned German, so I will probably need to take lessons again, but it will all be worth it.

Later that day, I told Han my decision.
"Han, I'm going to German university." I said.
"You are? Congratulations!" Han exclaimed.
"I got accepted to Korea University, but after some thought, I don't want my German to go to waste. I hope you're okay with me living in Germany for university." I said.
"No, I'm okay with it. Chase your dreams." Han said.
"We will have to do long distance for now." I said.
"No matter how far away we are from each other, I will always love you. My love will only be that much stronger." Han said.
"I trust you. Let's make sure to call every day like we used to." I said.
"I promise." Han said. Han gives me a pinky promise, then he kisses me to seal the deal.

With my university chosen, I email Heidelberg University back, letting them know that I will be attending their school. A correspondent from the university emails me back right away, excited to have me coming. I will be leaving America in a week to move all the way to Germany. In Germany, as I learned in German class, students stay in their parents' house, the rest stay in cheap apartments with shared bathroom. As for me, I don't like sharing a bathroom, so I will try to get enough money to buy my own apartment near the university. Oof, this is already so stressful.