15. Intruder

Present

"Kookie...Jungkookie....Jungkook.....Jeon Jungkook!" Jungkook sprang up from his bed, hitting his head on Seokjin's chest in the process. "Oww" Seokjin exclaimed and stumbled backward. "Shouldn't have bent over me like that" Jungkook said, chuckling slightly for the first time in months. 

Seokjin grinned widely before bursting into tears. "Hyung...?" Jungkook called out, his voice slightly colouring with concern. But it only made Seokjin cry harder. "What's wrong? Did I really hit you that bad?" Jungkook asked, getting out of the bed and walking towards Seokjin. 

Seokjin shook his head. "No. Nothing. Leave it. Get ready, we can't be late on our first day" he said, wiping his tears with the back of his hands. "Okay" Jungkook sighed and walked to the washroom. 

Soon, the two of them found themselves outside the cafe, taking deep breaths before starting their first shift. 

Taehyung had disappeared a week after Jungkook had graduated. Thus, Jungkook hadn't presented himself in any of the companies that had accepted him. Thus, this was officially his first ever job. (Sometimes, graduating takes time because of the projects) 

"You know what to do, Kookie. Work as much as you can and keep yourself as busy and occupied as you can, okay? We'll go around in search of other jobs after our shift here, okay?" Seokjin asked. "Okay" Jungkook said and the two of them entered the cafe through the backdoor. 

"Ohh. Mr. Kim and Mr. Jeon! You are early" the owner of the cafe said. "We didn't want to be late on our first day, Mr. Min" Seokjin said. "Please. Call me Yoongi" Mr. Min said. "Sure. And you can call us by our names too" Seokjin said. 

"Ohh, no. You are older than me, aren't you?" Yoongi asked. "Yeah" Seokjin smiled, rubbing the back of his neck slightly. "Can I call you hyung?" Yoongi asked. "Ohh, sure" Seokjin smiled widely. 

"So there are three other people who are going to work along with you in your shift. They'll be here any-" "Yo, hyung!!" a high pitched, feminine-masculine voice cut him off. "-moment" Yoongi completed, chuckling loudly. 

"Come, meet Seokjin hyung and Jungkook" Yoongi said. "Jungkook? Jeon Jungkook!!" the high pitched voice suddenly exclaimed. Jungkook looked up from his feet. 

"You are Jeon Jungkook, right?" the man who looked familiar asked. Jungkook nodded, not putting any effort in trying to remember who this man was. 

"Damn!! Puberty hits really hard, man! I really didn't think that the kid who Taehyung loved would turn out like this" the man exclaimed with a grin so wide that his eyes almost disappeared. 

The woman standing beside the man immediately slapped his ass. "Look who's talking" she said. Everyone laughed out loud at that. 

"You don't remember me, do you?" the man asked. Jungkook shook his head slightly. "Figures. I did stay in touch with Taehyung, but you and I never talked. I am Park Jimin, Taehyung's best friend. Remember me? This is my girlfriend, Jeongyeon" Jimin said. 

Jungkook's eyes widened and he nodded his head. "I'm sorry" he said. "Hey, it's okay. It's not like we were close or anything. We'll become close now, instead" Jimin said. Jeongyeon grinned widely. This was why she fell for him after all. 

Jungkook gave him a small nod.

"So, how's Taehyung? He hasn't been responding to my texts for the past four months or so" Jimin asked before Yoongi could try to introduce the remaining people. 

He simply sighed and looked at his watch. They had fifteen more minutes before they opened the cafe. Seokjin cleared his throat and tried to divert the topic, but Jimin didn't take the hint. 

"Ohh, aren't you guys together anymore?" he asked sadly, not noticing how Jungkook had been biting his lower lip to keep himself from bursting out. But the second question was all it took for him to burst into tears. 

Seokjin immediately wrapped his hands around Jungkook and stroked his head. "Shh, shh, it's okay, it's okay. Don't think about him, Kookie. Please. Remember what we are here for? Go and wash your face. I'll talk to them" Seokjin said, pointing to the staff bathroom. 

"I'm sorry" Jimin said, feeling bad for making him cry, even though he had no idea what he said to make him cry. 

"It's okay, you didn't know. Taehyung is dead" Seokjin said with tears forming in his own eyes. "What?!?!" Jimin paled. 

"He went missing almost four months ago and was declared dead last month. They were still together when it happened and Jungkook still didn't recover from it. We are here so that he can keep his mind occupied and avoid thinking about him" Seokjin explained. 

"Ohh my god" Jimin slid down with his hands on his mouth. Tears ran down his face. Taehyung was his best friend after all. Yoongi held hands with the other man who came with Jimin and his girlfriend. All of them felt bad for their new worker. 

Jungkook came back after a couple of minutes, with red, puffy eyes. 

"Okay, so this is my boyfriend, Jung Hoseok. He is gonna work along with you guys. He'll tell you what to do" Yoongi said and looked at Hoseok, silently asking him to start already and divert them from the sadness. 

Jungkook and Seokjin roamed around their neighbourhood once again in the evening, searching for a job with an evening shift. Luckily, after wandering for about two hours, they found a job in a restaurant. Evenings were a busy time, so the pay was good too. 

"Do you wanna have pizza for the night?" Seokjin asked as they walked back home. "Anything is fine" Jungkook said. "Okay" Seokjin said. 

"Can I go to Shinie hyung's house today?" Jungkook asked after a while. "Sure. I won't come with you, though. It'll be too awkward. Go after we have dinner" Seokjin said. "Okay" Jungkook said. 

"Ohh!" Seokjin suddenly exclaimed as they stood outside their door. "What's wrong?" Jungkook asked, taking off his shoes and placing it in the rack. "Someone broke into our house" Seokjin said, frowning at the slightly open door. 

"What?!" Jungkook raised his eyebrows as he looked at the open door. 

"Should we call the police?" Seokjin asked. 

"No. Let's just go inside. I've had enough with police in my life" Jungkook mumbled and opened the door with a loud bang, hoping to scare the intruder.