Flash Back

America's POV ( She is 6 years old at the time Maxon is 8 ):

" Maxon slow down!" I yelled as we were racing around the gardens.

" Haha! Girls aren't as fast as boys!" He yelled back at me while speeding up.

" Well girls also aren't as annoying as boys!" He stopped dead in his tracks and turned towards me.

" Take that back! Girls are gross!" I stuck my tongue out at him.

" I won't!" I Shouted.

" Fine then whoever wins this race is better." He said in a much calmer voice.

" Deal!"  I said and we shook hands.

" To the fountain?" He asked.

" On 3."

" 1, 2, TREE." I said and Maxon took off.

I stayed where I was and Maxon came back breathing heavily.

" I said tree not 3." I said with a smirk on my face because I just made him tired which means I'll win the race. 

" Alright fine, I can still beat you!" He laughed and he began counting this time.

" 1, 2, 3!"

I began running as fast as I could and managed to keep up with him, I began getting tired but I kept my pace. We were 5 yards from the fountain and so I sped up barely beating Max. 

" I WON!" I said surprised and happy. 

Maxon looked disappointed in himself.

" You wanna go sit down?" I asked him I was out of breath.

"Sure," He replied breathing heavily. 

 We were at the Illean palace. Maxon has only came to Ireland a few times before now, but this was the first time I ever came here. 

After we got to a bench we began talking," So my Dad says that I need to start being more proper, so I was thinking about it and what if the word ' Dear ' is just like my word. That I use all the time?" 

" Sure. But who would you call dear? Your girlfriend Daphne?" I started teasing him.

" For the LAST TIME she's not my girlfriend!" 

" Daphne and Maxon sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage. That's not all, that's not all, there goes the baby playing basketball, that's not all, that's not all there goes the baby drinking alkeyhol (spelled incorrectly on purpose )!" Max rolled his eyes at me.  

" Well why don't I start practicing the ' dear ' thing on you?" I sat there silently waiting for him to use the word.

" Hello my dear," He smirked.

" I am NOT your dear!" I argued.

" Well why not?" He asked sounding genuinely confused. 

" Well... ummmm... Because your gonna start calling every girl you meet ' dear ' and I'm not the same as every other girl or princess, I'm different." 

" Yes, you are different dear." At that I got up from the bench and started walking towards the guest rooms.

Maxon was trying to talk to me.

" So are you just gonna ignore me now?" 

" Are you going to keep calling me ' dear '?"

" Yes," he replied cautiously.