The Halloween Ball

America's POV: 

I walked through the palace and ended up making my way into the women's room, and just to my luck Amberly and Daphne were in there. They heard the door open and turned there heads, I couldn't leave without going unnoticed. 

" America what's wrong?" Amberly asked starting to walk over to me. I saw Daphne trying to hold back a smile.

" Oh it's nothing," I mumbled and walked out of the room Amberly followed.

" Dear, come with me," she said in a sweet motherly tone and I followed.

She led me into an empty parlor. 

" Cry all you need sweetie," she led me to a couch were she embraced me in a hug and comfortingly stroked my hair.

I cried into her shoulder for what felt like hours. She didn't say anything the entire time. Eventually the tears slowed and dried up.

" Do you want to talk about it?" She asked.

" Me- me and Maxon- just- we just broke up," I sniffled. 

" What happened?" She said, softly grabbing my hand.

" Well Daphne firstly. It turns out he kissed her or she kissed him, all I know is that they kissed. And I mean you saw she was flirting with him right there, and I bet that that's what happened his entire trip. And you're his Mom so you probably need to go comfort him," I began crying again realizing I didn't have anyone here to talk to who had a motherly touch.

" Nonsense, you need someone to talk to and the way I see it, he is the one who screwed up," she sounded almost angry at Maxon.

" Now can you tell me the whole story?" She asked sweetly.

" Sure but it's a pretty long ordeal."

" We've got time," she smiled.

I told Amberly everything, and I started at the beginning of our relationship before we even started dating. Some of the details she already knew but she was pretty blind to the rest of it.

" So now I'm going to stay here until I can go back to Ireland," I finished.

" Dear, I know you're upset, but your family was invited to the Halloween ball remember?" 

" Why don't you stay until then, then leave with your family," she said.

"  I guess so, I'll just spend the entire time inside a room where I don't have to see Daphne or Maxon," I laughed at my little joke but Amberly didn't.

" America, it's going to take you time to heal from this. You shouldn't feel like you need to put walls up all around yourself and not let anyone in." 

" But that's the problem! I've always had walls around me! And it seems whenever I let them down I end up getting hurt!" I started crying again. " That's what happened with Maxon, he slowly tore down my walls just so that he could ultimately break me."

" I'm sure those weren't his intentions America, he liked you since he was fourteen," she replied calmly.

" Well that doesn't make it hurt any less," I snapped.

Amberly looked taken aback but regained her composure.

" Well I suppose I should go talk to my son," with that she left the parlor and I broke down again.

~ The Halloween Ball~ 

The past week had been horrible I saw Maxon talking to Daphne a lot. Who knew he could move on so fast, proves that his words for me where even more fake. My family was arriving shortly, they don't know that Maxon and I broke up. I took breakfast in my room as normal and I was just getting done with my lunch when there was a hesitant knock on my door.