21

No one POV.

After school chan stayed true to his promise and called Ms. Val, jeongins social worker, and asked her if they could go pick up the hoodie from jeongins house.

She of course said yes and met up with the boys there. Since jeongin's father was currently still in jail from resisting arrest and slapping the boy in front of them with no one to bail him out, the house was empty.

Jeongin, without hesitation went in the house after Ms. Val had un-locked it and went straight up to his room where as soon as he walked in, he felt an overwhelming sense of dread.

He just wanted to get in, grab the hoodie, and leave as soon as possible. But something was compelling him to stay.

He had already grabbed the hoodie and was about to walk downstairs but he just, couldn't. He didn't know why but he started to break down crying.

Memories flooded in his brain of him being trapped under his bed while the sounds of his mother crying and begging for mercy echoed in his head.

He fell to the floor and he couldnt move. He felt useless, even after all these years he blames himself for what happened to his mother. He felt that he could have saved her some how. He wished he could have done something, anything to help her.

But he knew it was too late, but that still didn't stop him from feeling guilty and hating himself for not doing anything to help her.

Chan came running up the stairs after a long time of waiting and getting worried for jeongin. He immediately rapped the boy up in a hug once he saw the state the boy was in and picked him up and carried him out of the house.

~

Chan took jeongin to his place, thinking that maybe jeongin didnt want to be around anyone at that moment, which he was correct about.

Chan texted hyunjin telling him of jeongins whereabouts and not to worry about his late arrival.

Jeongin had calmed down and stopped crying at this point. They were cuddled up on chans bed, chan running his fingers through the youngers hair, soothingly.

Jeongin had the hoodie on and was clenching his fists around the material. Although he has stopped crying he still felt very sad and guilty.

"I was a coward." Jeongin suddenly broke the silence making chan stop his movements for a second and look down at him confused before continuing running his hands through the boys hair.

Chan made a questioning sound that implied he needed further explanation so jeongin continued.

"All the times my mother had saved me and put herself in danger just so he wouldn't hit me but her instead. And how do I repay her? By cowering under my bed instead of helping her, its pathetic. I couldn't even stand up to him like she had done for me."

And just like that jeongin had begun crying again, uncontrollably. He couldn't help it. Evertime he thought about it he was never able to stop his tears.

Chan pulled him closer, trying to comfort the boy. "Jeongin, baby, you were six. There wasn't much you could have done without him hurting you more. Its not your fault."

Right when those words left chans mouth jeongin began to cry even harder. After all these years of him blaming himself, he really needed to hear those words be said to him.

"Its not your fault." Those words echoed inside his mind, he couldnt help but feel a bit relieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yall ready?