Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

This past month I have been praying and praying, to god knows what, that no one asks me questions

This past month I have been praying and praying, to god knows what, that no one asks me questions. And luckily, my wish has been granted. Although, I do think that Adrian talked to Emily and Luca to make sure they didn't. Not a single fucking complaint on my end.

So, now I have been able to live the past month in peace. I would be lying if I said I didn't wish people would ask me what's wrong. Care. But I know that if someone did, it's not like I would tell them shit.

As far as it goes for living in peace, and people leaving me alone? I spoke too soon. I have no room to complain though. Emily is a sweet heart.

"Alana?" Emily says in a sing-song voice and walks in my room, a cute white crop top on. You can just barely see her baby bump, but it's there. "Okay, before you refuse my offer, which by the way you can't, listen. Girls night? Baking, watching Netflix, relaxing, and getting your ass up and out of this room."

I frown. "I haven't been in here that long."

"You only come down for food, missions, and to train, Alana." she fixes me with a stern look. "So, yes. It has been that fucking long. Now, get your ass up. Take a shower. Get in some sweat pants and a sweat shirt and..I don't know. Fuzzy socks. Then, get your sexy ass downstairs." Groaning, I trudge towards my bathroom and slam the door.

After a short shower, I put on black sweat pants, a black sweater, and fuzzy socks. I fiddle with my hands as I walk down the stairs and notice Emily swaying to the music that is playing.

Your Midas touch on the Chevy door. November flush and your flannel cure. "This dorm was once a mad-house."

I made a joke "Well, it's made for me." how, evergreen, our group of friends. Don't think we'll say that word again.

And soon they'll have the nerve to deck the halls that we once walked through.

One for the money, two for the show. I never was ready, so I watch you go. Sometimes you just don't know the answer, till someones on their knees and asks you.

"She would've made such a lovely bride, what a shame she's stuck in her head."

"I love that song." I hum and walk into the kitchen, my arms wrapped around my body protectively. My body is a bit sore from last nights mission so I feel a little weird. "Champagne Problems. I'm not a big Taylor Swift fan but I have to admit, that is a pretty good song."

Emily laughs softly and starts pulling ingredients out of the pantry. Someone New by, Hozier starts playing softly in the background as I pull out the bowls.

"So, what are we making?" I question and roll my sleeves up, my eyes scanning over the ingredients Emily brought out. She puffs out her cheeks and rolls her sleeves up as well, adjusting the bottom of her crop top afterwards.