Two

Chapter Two

Hands wrap around my throat as my eyes sting with tears once again

Hands wrap around my throat as my eyes sting with tears once again. I thrash and scream until I can't anymore.

Until my throat becomes caged, keeping me from saying something. Anything.

Until the pain between my legs becomes so unbearable that my whole body goes limp. I give up. My body jolts every few seconds before it stops.

I am back on the same street.

Footsteps are heard behind me again.

God, no. Please not again. I can't do this anymore.

Tears stream down my face as I run for my life. My hoodie is snatched from behind and I fall to the ground.

My body is dragged to the dark alleyway that seems all too familiar. I cry out as my head slams against the brick wall.

"Hold still. You will be fine." his hot breath fans my neck causing a chill of disgust to rake through my body.

I cry. I scream. I kick. I go numb.

"You probably like it you little, slut."

Slut.

Slut.

Slut.

Slu-

My face is slapped.

I claw at my throat as I shoot up in bed, the wet sheets below me wrinkling in distress. Realizing I am semi-safe, I run a hand through my hair and grab my phone to check the time.

Six in the morning.

It is always six.

I hate that number with a burning passion.

My throat closes and becomes dry but I ignore it, walking to my bathroom. I rummage through all of my drawers until I find it.

(TW: SELF HARM :TW)

Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes but I clench my jaw, holding them back. I swallow thickly as my throat burns, the lump in my throat turning to knives that scratch me from the inside out.

I hesitantly grab the razor.

Alana, stop. You promised yourself that-that was the last time.

I can't help it. Cutting is an addiction. It is a drug that I can't seem to keep away from.

The way the blade glides across my skin brings me peace. It takes my mind off of all of the emotional pain and replaces it with physical pain.