Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Drip. Drip. Drip. I wince and go to clutch my throbbing head but a heavy weight stops me. My eyes flutter open to a dark room, which I am thankful for. The familiar eucalyptus scent invades my senses and calms me down. "Luca." I manage to croak out.

A loud bang is heard next to me and I grumble in pain. "Shit. Fuck, sorry." I hear his sleepy voice stutter out before the sheets are lifted up off of me and I am tucked into his hard chest. "Are you okay, amore? How are you feeling? The doctor said that it was just a graze to your head and that you should be fine but-"

"I'm fine Luca." I hush him and close my eyes, relishing in the silence for a moment.

"I'm sorry." He whispers in my ear, causing my eyes to open and my head to tilt in confusion. "About lying to you."

Before he can say anything else, I cup his cheek, careful to not tug on the IV, and kiss his lips tenderly. Luca sighs against my mouth and leans in a bit closer, deepening the kiss. We pull away after a moment, resting our foreheads against each other. "So am I. Maybe if I would have thought of how you felt, this wouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have blown up on you."

I bring his gaze to mine and shake my head, his silver iris' shining in the dark. "I didn't mean what I said." My voice cracks and comes out a mere whisper but he heard me.

"I know you didn't." Luca places a kiss on the corner of my mouth and softly nudges our noses against each other, his minty breath fanning my face. "But you have every right to react the way you did. If I was in your position, I would have acted to same way."

Silence falls over us like a thick warm blanket but Luca decides to lift said blanket up. "The doctor said something, amore." I hum in acknowledgment and curl deeper into his side. "When the doctor came in, he uh," He sighs and runs a hand through his hair

"Spit it out." I mutter and groan.

"He had said that the baby is okay."

I snort. "What baby? Wait, did Emily have the baby? That's too early."

"Emily didn't have her baby." Luca shifts and nudges me. I peel my eyes open and read his expression. "Did you know?"

"Fuck no." I mumble and take in a shuddering breath. "It's yours by the way."

He stiffens and glares at me. "Who else could the father be?"

"No one!" I say and put my hands up defensively. "God damn. How the hell did that happen? I'm on birth control." My full attention is on him as I ask my next question. "How do you feel?"

"How do I feel? How do you feel, amore? You are the one carrying the damn thing. I mean, are you going to keep it?" He rambles and brushes a strand of hair out of my eyes.