Chapter 5: Adora

*Warning: Mention of self-harm, Depression, and Anxiety. *

Seeing Catra for the first time again in two years was...weird? Great? Surprising?

No words seem to fit the bill. A whirlwind of emotions are raging inside of me and I don't know what to do.

She isn't just in my dreams anymore...she's here.

What am I going to do?

I open the front door.

"Your late."

Oh no.

I completely forgot.

Ugh, stupid Catra.

Stop thinking about her, stop.

I take a deep breath and try to be in the moment.

"I'm sorry Miss. Weaver. It won't happen again." I set my backpack down on a chair.

Please don't ask why, please don't ask why. I silently beg her.

She simply purses her lips and points to the fridge. I know what that means.

Reluctantly, I hand her a beer.

"Homework?" I shake my head.

"Good. Start with dinner." I nod and turn on the burner.

Maybe this will help me keep my mind off of Catra.

I grab a package of chicken, noodles, and Alfredo sauce. I find myself laughing a little as I fill the pot up with water.

Catra hates Chicken Alfredo.

The second the thought pops into my head I frown.

Focus, Adora!

"Adora?"

"Ma'am?" I look back at Miss.Weaver; who is pointing at the overflowing pot.

I wince and quickly shut the water off.

"Say, Adora, why were you so late?" I start boiling the water.

"Um...Glimmer needed somebody to talk to after School and it was a hefty subject and you know her, she just talks, and talks, and talks."

Miss. Weaver nods and takes another swig of beer. I let out a small sigh of relief.

We eat dinner in silence; the only sound is canned laughter from the TV.

I clean up our plates and then finally head to my room to be alone.

I collapse onto my bed. Too many thoughts are rushing through my head all at one time; the more negative ones fighting for dominance.

"Please just stop." A feeble and desperate whisper escapes my lips. The thoughts in my head rage on; loud and wild.

I shake my head; trying to clear them but it doesn't work.

I decide to sleep. And maybe just maybe...my thoughts will leave me be.

"Hahahaha."

"Oh, shut up!" I say and shove Catra. She falls to the ground and continues to laugh hysterically. I cross my arms over my chest and try not to give into her infectious laughter.

But pretty quickly, the sweet sound floods my mind; toppling over the anger and making me forget what we were even arguing about.

I lye down on the ground with her and laugh a little. She turns her head and smiles at me. She laces her fingers through mine. I inch closer until we are only inches apart.