Chapter 7: Adora

I drape my jacket over Catra's shoulders. My heart skips a beat. I try and play it off as cool but, on the inside, I am a nervous, gay wreck.

Even though I yearn to be outside with Catra, I know that I already pushed it too far by hugging her. Though she did hug back...but maybe she just felt bad? Or maybe she was cold? I mean this house feels like a tundra most of the time.

"Um...hello? Earth to Adora?" Glimmer waves a hand in front of my face.

My eyes focus on her.

She quirks a brow. "Whatcha, thinking about?"

I feel my face flush. "Uh, nothing. Just...tired." She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, I'm not buying that." I shake my head.
"I...I just don't wanna talk about it." Glimmer puts her hand on my shoulder. She locks eyes with me.
"Adora, you know you can talk to me about anything, right?" A million thoughts cross through my mind at her words.

Talk to her.

No...she wouldn't understand.

But you need to talk to somebody. Somebody that will understand.

Catra.

"Thank you, Glimmer. But really, I'm fine. I just need to get some shut eye and then I will be all good."

She sighs and nods.
"Fine, Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I quietly open Catra's door; praying that she is still awake and also praying that she is asleep. This idea is absolutely crazy...I know. But there is just something about her that I can't explain...something that I really need right now.

She is sitting on her bed; earbuds in, shredding the air guitar.

I giggle at the sight. After a few seconds she opens her eyes. Her face goes red.

"Oh, hey Adora." She takes her earbuds out and cocks her head.

She doesn't say anything, just looks around her cluttered room then back at me. I shift from foot to foot.

She then looks down at the jacket that I gave her.

"Ohhhhh." She takes it off and hands it to me. And if I am not mistaken, I think I see a hint of reluctance in her eyes.

I shake my head and put it back around her shoulders.

She looks at me; clearly perplexed.

"So...what's brings ya here, Blondie?" I rub the back of my neck and avoid her unwavering gaze.

"I...I dunno to be honest." I laugh a little; a nervous chuckle that makes the silence even more awkward.

I take a deep breath.

"I just...really need somebody to talk to...I guess." She cocks a slit eyebrow. She smirks; leaning back on her elbows.

"Well, there are many better people then me to talk to." I sigh and cross my arms over my chest.

After a few more minutes of silence; Catra smiles a little and pats a spot on her bed.

"C'mere." I feel a wide grin break out on my face at her words.