Chapter 10

Joey from that night, respected my request of staying away from me. I felt kind if bad but when he was near me. I felt uncomfortable. I was always so anxious that he was going to try and pull something. Jack kept checking on me to. He kept texting me asking if I was alright. I think he was scared for the same reasons. We only felt safe at school and at his house. We only would go there after school. No where else. Our friends had to push us to even go out to dinner.

"Savannah you sure I can sleep over tonight?" Kyle asked.

"Yeah my mom is cool with it. But if you aren't like comfortable with a guy in the house who could very well hit on you then I'd reconsider." I warned.

"If he's cute I could care less." She said taking a bite of her food. Jack looked at me. My phone started to buzz. I ran to the bathroom to take it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you, we have guests!?" My mom asked.

"I told you I was going out to dinner with my friends!" I said.

"Well finish up and get your butt home!" She hung up. I went back to the table and sat down. The check just came. I put down my money and we all got up and left. Everyone walked in front of Jack and I. They always did. We were slow walkers and we held hands.

"I wanna sleep at your house." I said to Jack.

"I want you with me all night." He replied.

"One day, maybe." I said.

"Hopefully." He answered. It got a bit quiet.

"Well at least tonight I'll have Kyle there." I said.

"Yeah. I guess I'd just feel more safe if he was completely gone. You know babe."

"I do. He hasn't talk to me since the first night. I yelled at him and I feel a bit bad." I said looking at Jack. We stopped walking.

"Don't. That's the point. He will guilt you into talking to him. He's a guy, I know how we work! Savannah it's a trick. Don't fall for it!" He warned me.

"Okay."

"Savannah promise." He said.

"I promise." I said a little annoyed. He acted like he didn't know about my past with Joey. I'd rather be dead than with him again.

* * *

After dinner with everybody, Kyle and I went back to my house and just put in a movie. We were in my room and watching A Walk To Remember when Joey knocked and came in.

"Hey Sav, your mom just wanted me to tell you that her and my mom were going out for a bit." He said.

"Kay thanks." He gave a half smile and started to walk out. Kyle nudged me.

"Savannah, be nice to him. He is being nice to you isn't he?" She said. I sighed.

"Joey?" I yelled half hoping he would come back.

"Yeah?" He answering peeking his head into my door.

"This is Kyle she is one of my best friends." I said.

"Hey." She said smiling.

"Hi, I'm Joey." He said with a wave.

"Why don't you come in. I don't think you will like the movie we are watching but it beats being alone." Kyle said. Joey looked at me.

"Yeah Joe. What do you say?" I said. In my head I was praying he would say no.

"Oh, I dont know. I mean I..." Kyle cut him off.

"Hey, we don't bite."

"Oh wait, Kyle, I invited Jack, Janey, Noah and Zack over." I lied. I was getting nervous and started to panic.

"So?" She said.

"Yeah if you're friends are coming especially Jack maybe it is best if I stay out of the way."

"No! You can still hang out with us. Maybe you and Jack could just stay on different sides of the room. Right Sav?"

"What do you say Savannah? It's up to you." Oh boy I was in a tough spot. I didn' t want to be rude, but I knew that there would be a huge problem if I let him stay while Jack was here.

"Sure. Just keep your distance." I said. This was going to be a scary, uncomfortable night.