15

☆Ember's POV☆

   The next morning I woke on the ground, covered in dirt. It had to be past 10 already. As I got in my, I flipped on the car mirror as my dirt smudged face looked back at me.

  Knowing I need to go to school at least a little today. I grabbed the emergency bag I keep in my car and tried to clean myself up a little bit.

  I wiped as much of the dirt off I could and changed clothes. The outfit I had kept in here was actually quite cute.

  I threw on the belt and shoes i had with yesterday's outfit before checking my phone

  Carl. (Jade)
     Is everything ok? I haven't heard anything from you in a long time
   I just took the twins to preschool, don't worry about them
  Are you not going to school??
  Hello???

   Me:
     I'm on my way now, sorry I'm horrible.

   Knowing I probably won't get a reply, I turn my phone off and make my way to the school

☆☆☆☆

  After a very fun talk with the lady at the front desk, I make my way to the tree. Knowing I only made it so my last 3 classes, with one of them being lunch doesn't make me feel great about myself. But I decide to ignore the guilt I feel and just go meet up with my friends.

   "Hey fuckers!" I call out as I get there, hiding all my previous emotions behind my signature smile.

   "Ember! Oh my God, you're ok!" Jade exclaims the moment she sees me and I go to hug her immediately, apologizing for being terrible. "Thank you for taking care of the twins this morning." I tell her honestly and she nods.

   "Did you roll in mud or something?" She asks before I send her a silent signal with my eyebrows and she nods in understanding. "Are you ok?" She whispers and I nod smiling.

   "Hey guys!" I say to Eliazer and Jasper as I go to sit down. "Hey you're in my spot Eliazer." I say pouting when I see that Eliazer is sitting leaned up against the tree where I usually sit.

   "We could share it." Eliazer says smirking and pats his lap. I scrunch my nose at him and send Jade a look. She just smirks and mouths "do it". Goddammit.

  I want to, would that be too weird? Yes it would.

   But I wanna, no I shouldn't.

   Oh fuck it, I'm gonna regret this.

  Taking everyone by surprise I plaster a smirk on my face before sitting directly in Eliezer's lap.

  Jade sends me an approving smile, shaking her head at me.

  It is suprising comfortable sitting here, I fit perfectly against him. I feel kinda protected.