New Life, New Jobs

After Iduna and Agnarr arrived at the ambassadors assembly hall, they spent the majority of their day getting their offices ready and getting debriefed on certain issues. But around one in the afternoon, they were both brought infront of all of the other ambassadors and introduced. Iduna and Agnarr were excited for their new roles, it was important for Norway and the Northuldra people to have a voice in this hall. After being introduced, the ambassadors from Germany, Fredrick and Arianna came over to see them. But they were no strangers, Arianna was Agnarr's older sister. Although keeping themselves professional, Arianna couldn't help but give her little brother a hug when she saw him.

"It is so wonderful to see you both here, we have waited so long. You've gotten taller Agnarr, I'm sure of it. How did the trip go and how are the kids? Rana is going to a special school for people like her, is that where Elsa is going?" Arianna asked, it had been a year or so since they had seen each other so she had a lot of questions. Iduna smiled and turned to Agnarr.

"Taller? Perhaps, though I would hope to stop growing by age 40," Agnarr chuckled to himself. "The trip went relatively well, no major problems. The kids had a rather large spat when we arrived though which led to a big consequence for all of them. As for Elsa, she is attending a special school as well. Hopefully they will see one another." Agnarr said just as another couple approached them. Though, Iduna and Agnarr were much less happy to see these two. It was Alrek and Gina Øyerson, ambassadors of the Southern Isles. Well known enemies of Norway and the Northuldra especially.

"You've gotten old Agnarr, too much stress?" Alrek said as he straightened out his designer suit, Gina hanging on his arm wearing something not really appropriate for an ambassador. Agnarr grumbled and clenched his fist, he hated Alrek with a passion and Iduna knew this full well. Taking his hand, she wanted to keep him from over doing it because of his heart.

"You are just as old Alrek, at least I do not use cosmetic surgeries to try and look younger." Alrek furrowed his eyebrows and just as he was going to speak, Gina pipped in.

"Why are you holding onto him so tightly? Afraid he may be looking at something a bit more interesting?" Gina smirked down at Iduna. This infuriated Iduna, how dare she make such an accusation.

"My husband has much better taste than anything he is looking at currently." Iduna snapped at Gina. Just as Agnarr was about to say something to support his wife, a voice came into his and Iduna's head. The voice was male and it was soft.

"Mr and Mrs Bernadotte, I need to speak with you as soon as possible." The voice said. Just as Agnarr and Iduna began looking around, a man in a wheelchair accompanied by two other approached them. Alrek looked over to see who it was and grumbled.

"What is it this time? Can't you see that I am busy?" Alrek said to the man, though the man could care less about how busy Alrek and his wife were.

"My professors will speak to you both about an incident today, ambassador Øyerson. It is not good news, I will tell that to you." The man said as the two other people accompanying him took Alrek and Gina aside to speak with them. The man in the wheelchair looked at Iduna and Agnarr. "Do you have an office we can speak in privately?" The man asked, Agnarr nodded and led the man to their office. Iduna staying close beside Agnarr. Once alone, the man in the chair smiled softly.

"My sincerest apologies, I do not often talk to people in their heads that way but I needed to get your attention. My name is Charles Xavier, your daughter Elsa attends my school for mutants." The man said calmly, which allowed for Iduna and Agnarr to relax a little. "I speak for the mutants here at this assembly, an ambassador for them if you will. But I, unfortunately have not come to introduce myself to you both. I came because of an incident that occurred at the school today." Iduna and Agnarr looked at each other, frightened that something may have happened to Elsa.

"Is Elsa alright? What happened? Please tell us." Iduna blurted out, now desperately needing to know what information he had about their daughter. Charles sighed before starting to speak once more .

"One of our fire wielding students got out of hand during a class on self defense. Unfortunately, your daughter was burned rather severely on her arms and legs because of this. But we immediately had one of our healing power students come and care for her. Her burns have healed for the most part but she will likely have some sort of scarring and may get some phantom pain. The student has been placed into a room that removes his ability to use his power. I assure you that were able to manage the situation within a few minutes. I am very sorry that it happened on her first day. I do recommend that you both return home and check on her. She has been asleep for two hours since she arrived home from school." Iduna looked at Agnarr and quickly nodded.

"We will go home right away, thank you for telling us Mr. Xavier." Both Agnarr and Iduna grabbed their personal items before quickly returning to their new home.