23rd Chapter

I woke up that beautiful sunny morning. Through the window, there were rays of sun shining through my chambers that lit up the whole room. The weather was very nice, I haven't seen such a nice weather in a long time. I got out of bed and walked to the window to enjoy the sunny day. I thought nothing could spoil this beautiful day.

I was in a good mood from early morning. I decided to put on my favorite blue dress and put on a beautiful crown. At first thought, this day couldn't have started better.

Haci-aga came to my room early in the morning. Kalfas and the maids served me breakfast and served me coffee, which I loved to drink very much. Ever since I became Sultana, I've had the opportunity to enjoy all the dismay that my position offers. But I didn't want to get too involved. I was also content with modest things, so sometimes all my luxury was outrageous.

- Haci-aga, why is Kosem Sultana behaving normally? I thought the Master would punish her. - I told Haci worriedly while I was eating an apple.
- I don't know, Sultana. I'm surprised by this, too. Maybe the Master forgave her, after all, she's his mother. - said Haci, who knew as much as I did. Turns out Haci only serves the Master, not Kosem. I was very glad for tjat because I knew I'd be able to count on him against Kosem.

- Kosem broke all boundaries, I don't think he'd just let her go back to the harem. - I told him thinking about that situation. I knew Murad must have a plan for Kosem, but I didn't know what was on his mind. I'm sure she won't go unpunished after all the atrocities she's committed. Yet he recently learned of her Secret Treasury.

I was about to go out for a walk with Ismihan. I was coming out of the harem when I saw everyone crying. Everyone in the harem was crying. I was very worried. At that moment, I saw Lalezar Kalfa walking fast in the harem corridors.

- Lalezar, what's going on? - I asked her worried.

- Don't ask, Sultana, Sultan Murad is sick. It's a very serious situation. - she said Lalezar cried.
- Why am I only finding out about this now? - I yelled at her furiously.
- Kosem Sultana wouldn't let us tell you. - Lalezar said with her head bowed down.

At that moment I gave up the intention of walking with Ismihan, and at the same moment headed to Murad's quarters. I was so scared for him. I saw Kosem, Ayse, Atike and Gevherhan standing in front of his chambers. I got to them as fast as I could without bowing to anyone.

- Kosem Sultan, why am I the last one to find out about this? - I asked her furiously. Kosem just looked at me angrily.

- Why should I inform you of this? - Kosem told me furiously.
- Valide, i'm sorry. Hoşyar is our Sultan's favorite wife. He deserves to know what's wrong with him. - Gevherhan said.

Ayse just looked at her furiously at the mention that I was his favorite woman.
- What's wrong with him? - I asked them worried.

- He's infected with an infectious disease. It's forbidden to enter. The doctors take care of him. - Kosem told me cheekily. At that moment, I was overwhelmed by the fear. Murad was still young. I didn't even want to think I could lose him. The only thing I wanted was his recovery.

After the arrival of the chief doctor, who informed the Sultanas that Murad's recovery would take a long time, they dispersed to their rooms. I stayed standing outside the door.

- Doctor, may I see him? - I asked the doctor. He just looked at me in a surprised way.
- Sultana, visits are forbidden. There's a chance you could get infected, too. - the doctor told me.

- I'm asking you. Please let me see him for a little while. - I told him in the hope he'd have mercy on me.
- Impossible, it's forbidden. - he said and left the Palace.