ii. we're not our parents

DEDICATED TO, em_ruby_K06 <333

DEDICATED TO,
em_ruby_K06
<333

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"your attention, please."

professor mcgonagall's metal utensil making contact with the empty glass easily caught the attention of the students. the room fell silent as dumbledore stood to his feet to speak.

"let the feast begin."

zemora's gaze simply traveled over the other selected members of slytherin house as the food magically appeared across the tables. draco was seated by her side stuck in a conversation with his friends as he remained oblivious to the lonely girl.

no one seemed to catch her eye past the boy who lived, even with the countless members of slytherin introducing themselves and the unnecessary comments about her mother.

"the professors are scared of her." an older slytherin boy down the table began to speak discretely to his friend. "she's the daughter of bellatrix, niece of sirius black. i'm surprised they allowed her to come here."

zemora's wand was pulled from her robe as she caught the words tumbling from the boy's lips. her opposite hand remained clenched upon the table, features void of any emotion. zemora held her wand beneath the table, mumbling the spell below her breath until the wizard under her gaze began to choke desperately.

"mora," draco's hand made quick contact with zemora's wrist, the act forcing the witch to drop concentration completely. "what do you think you're doing?"

a hiss of pain tumbled from zemora's lips before she was pulling her wrist from draco's grasp. the bruise left behind by his father's cane just earlier that day was visible as the cuff of her robe fell slightly. before another's gaze could catch sight, zemora was covering her wrist completely.

the wizard who'd spoken upon her family moments beforehand was staring towards zemora in utter disbelief, yet continued to dismiss his friends words of worry.

a taunting grin formed upon the witch's lips as her wand was discreetly returned to her robe's pocket. zemora's elbow rested against the table as she waved towards the boy by simply moving her fingertips with ease. once the wizard caught the sight, his gaze refused to meet her eye.

a sigh tumbled from zemora's lips afterwards. she knew her temper would cause her trouble at hogwarts, for it always had, even before she had a clue on how to handle the emotion.

zemora knew the consequences to her acts of anger were only worse now that she was of age, especially since there was a wand in arms reach and spells awaiting to be uttered aloud.