xiv. anger is a dangerous feeling

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・
a memory of tom marvolo riddle,

he had always felt a tinge of knowing for who'd be the first to recognize his unspeakable acts during after school hours. aside from professor dumbledore, there was one other who seemed to study him as if he was a textbook laying around the dusty, old library.

and of course, she was clad in the dark blue ravenclaw robes the day she bested him.

"you're the heir of slytherin."

"you're too sharp-witted for your own good," tom didn't bother to turn on his heel, for the scent of her perfume let him know of her presence the second she'd stepped into the lavatory. "but just as foolish if you believe you'll be the one to stop me."

"you're a murderer." zemora evans' voice fell considerably, whether it was out of fear or utter shock in the face of the revelation, tom would never know. "she was innocent!"

"she was a mudblood."

"then who's next?" zemora didn't bother to wipe the tears that fell aimlessly down her cheeks at the harsh slur to tumble from his lips. "me?"

tom could see the fear beginning to contort her features as he stepped closer to her. the tears caused her doe eyes to gleam in the moonlight illuminating the lavatory. the young ravenclaw's back hit a wall, limiting her from moving any further from the heir.

"you're going to kill me."

"i am," tom nodded once as his hands went to the sides of her face. "but not here."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"let me introduce to you your new defense against the dark arts teacher, me."

"i believe i officially hate every class this year." zemora's face was pressed against her palm as she whispered to the malfoy by her side, her gaze flickering up to their professor for the year. "bloody wanker."

"gilderoy lockhart. order of merlin, third class, honorary member of the dark force defense league, and five times winner of witch weekly's most-charming-smile award, but i don't talk about that. i didn't get rid of the bandon banshee by smiling at him."

zemora black seemed to be the only girl inside the classroom who didn't find herself drooling over the professor. instead, she sat with a bored expression upon her face, one that happened to be a near replica of the one draco sported by her side.