v. i don't want to be alone

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"we lost five house points."

"yeah," zemora replied boredly, falling in a simultaneous step alongside draco malfoy. "i'm perfectly fine, dre. thanks for asking."

"well, obviously, you're standing right next to me." draco said, his tone laced with sarcasm. there was a childish grin across his lips as he wrapped an arm around zemora's shoulders. "professor snape said he's going to send father a letter."

draco was able to feel zemora's body tense below his touch in response to his words. zemora simply nodded, finding it difficult to find anything to say.

"you'll be okay," draco's voice fell short as he returned his arm to his side. "if you tell him it was the mudblood's idea."

zemora stopped in her step abruptly, forcing the malfoy boy to mimic her moves. "you sound more like your father by the day."

"he'll hurt you, mora," draco took a tight hold of her hand, glancing over their surrounding for a moment. "and you know it. save yourself."

"never use that word in front of me again." zemora ripped her hand from draco's grasp. "you'll regret it."

"why would you want to be friends with someone like her?" draco countered, frustration etching upon his features. "someone muggle-born?"

"which is why she's already managed to become first in our class, yeah?" zemora rolled her eyes towards her cousin, finding it more difficult to separate him from his father. "she's just as capable as any pureblood in this school, you all are just too ignorant to realize."

draco allowed zemora to leave his side abruptly with no move to try and stop her. a piece of him knew she was right, but refused to admit it due to being blinded by his need to make his father proud.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

to be completely honest, zemora never favored the game of quidditch. despite draco's many rants upon the sport, zemora always found herself quite bored. it was the reason why she was lost in her mother's diary during the game that day.

"are you even paying attention?"

"no," zemora replied shortly as her gaze remained upon the book in hand. "don't really care."

draco rolled his eyes towards zemora before allowing her to read in peace as he continued watching the game alongside everyone else.