vi. because she's not a malfoy

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"i wish it was true."

zemora's words fell sadly as her gaze parted from the mirror's reflection. as time passed in front of it, despair seemed to spread through the girl. staring towards the deceitful loving features of her family caused her heart to shatter repeatedly once reality settled over.

"zemora?"

"harry?" the young witch flinched from her position, a sting of whiplash from her quick moves. "what're you doing here?"

"same as you, it appears." harry replied slowly as he stepped closer towards zemora and the mirror only inches behind her frame. "what do you see?"

"my family." zemora uttered after a sigh, a simple shake of her head being caught by the boy. "they love me."

"me too." harry turned to meet her gaze, his features contorted in confusion.

"i'll never see my mother again, nor do i know of my father. was never close to my aunt or her husband. between us, the malfoy's are all quite rude." zemora words fell once she found sight of his features, an innocent laugh tumbling from her lips. "guess you can say we have a lot alike, you and i."

harry nodded towards the girl once as a sense of comfort was felt following her words. "guess so."

"back again, you two?"

zemora met the headmaster's gaze a second before harry as the boy turned on his heel abruptly. she closed her eyes tightly, finding herself foolish for being so careless.

"i see you, like many before you, have discovered the delight of the mirror of erised." professor dumbledore studied the two, his gaze lingering on the shade of zemora's eyes for a moment before he found familiarity in her features. "i trust by now at least one of you realize what it does."

zemora only glanced towards the mirror, finding herself paralyzed in fear for the consequences that'd follow from being caught in trouble once again.

"let me give you a clue." the headmaster took a slow stride towards the children. "the happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself exactly as he is."

"so then it shows us what we want," harry took his turn in turning an eye towards the mirror of erised. "whatever we want."

"yes and no." the grey-haired man said, easily picking up on the silence from the witch by harry's side. "it shows us nothing more or less than the deepest and most desperate desires of our hearts.