1: The Beginning

My name is Leray and my father says I came from the sea itself. I am a young magician, shape shifter, and survivor. This is my story...

        It was a normal day until they came. Eight of them in all, crash their ship onto our once peaceful island. Two old, six young with 2 in red, 1 in blue, another in black, a fifth in white, and the last in green. I crouch down, perching on a windowsill in the tower. I pull my bow and an arrow from the quiver across my back. I position the arrow and pull back the string. Shifting to get a beater shot I can feel the 3 daggers and 2 swords at my belt. I let the arrow fly.

        At the last second the red one tries to jump out of the way. Too late the arrow imbeds itself in his shoulder. "What’s going on?!" father asks behind me.

        Looking over my shoulder at his kind gray eyes rimmed by glasses, gray hair, faded jeans and wrinkled lab coat. I say, "Intruders." and shape shift into a snowy owl and sore out the window. 6 feet of the ground, I drop down. The black one whips around to face me and I pull my sword.

        As he runs at me and calls out "I'll make you sorry!" I easily doge and give him a hard blow to his side with the hilt of my sword. Winded he staggers back and falls. As he tries to get up, I through him a nasty kick and hear a crack as my foot hits his arm. The red one slides from behind a great rock and with his good arm swings his own sword. With a fly of sparks the blades meet. He rolls back from the impact. I slide back, the sand warm on my bare feet. He jumps up and circles around me. I don’t move. Once at my back he charges I whip around and give him a hard punch to the jaw and kick him to the sand. He growls, I hiss. Then jumping up he uses spinjitzu, there is a trick I have always wanted to try if I faced by this move. Crouching down, I stick my leg out and wait. Once he was in range I spin, swiping my foot under the point of the spinjitzu. He stumbles, losing his concentration and falls.

        Unable to get up I kick him aside like a broken toy as the green one said, “You’ll pay for that!” and hearing the slap of feet on sand I slowly turn and catch his wrist, as his tries to punch me. His eyes widen.

        “You’re overconfident little warrior.” I say. Flicking my wrist I send him spiraling to the ground. He fumbles face first in the sand. I calmly walk over I placed my foot in the middle of his back and pull back my hand holding the sword. Too bad he die’s so young. I think.

        “Lloyd! No!” The old woman cries out, and she tries to rush forward but the old man holds out his arm and stops her. I swing my blade down and when it was only centimeters from his neck…

*Slomp* the white one crashes into me, and I hit the ground. Springing back up I twirl to face him. He is running at me to try and pin me against a rock behind me. In 3 bounds of the side of the rock I turn in midair and fall to the sand. I look him square in the eyes. He looks like the one in the blueprint father had shown me. The son he built to protect those who can’t protect themselves.

        “Zane” I whisper. I never thought I would see my nindroid brother.

        “How do you know my name?” He questions.

        Shifting my weight to one leg I say, “Follow me.” And lead them all up the steps to the prison tower father had been forced to live in. “Be right back.” I say with a smile as I shift into a snowy owl and fly up to the window at the top of the tower to tell father.

        Within minutes father and I are down stairs and he flings the door open. “Zane!” Father cries and throws his arms around Zane.

        “You know him?!” The green one puzzles over.