Chapter: 18

After I told Elijah that I'm thankful, he pulled us to his bed and now he's currently laying on my lap.

I'm brushing his hair out of his eyes as he curls a piece of my hair with his finger.

"Okay. Favorite Marvels character?" He questioned and I gave him a dumb look.

"Spiderman, obviously." I stated and he laughed. 

"I like that hulk." He stated and I scrunched my nose up.

"What, no way! He's like all ugly and green and stuff. He's probably just jealous because his girlfriend is friends with a guy and that's why he's so mad." I explained my theory and he laughed.

"Don't laugh at me." I pouted and he smiled widely at me.

"Don't pout." He whispered and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be mean to me." I stated and he pulled the sides of my lips up to get me to smile. 

I threw my head back and laughed.

"Okay. Beach or pool?" He asked and I gave him another look.

"I'm terrified of the beach." I narrowed my eyes as I explained.

"Why?" He drew his eyebrows together and tilted his head to the side a little.

"I don't know, I've only ever been to the beach once and I was four. I was terrified then, I still am today." I explained he hummed in response.

"Fears?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"I fear." He trailed looking up at his ceiling as he thought.

"I guess I have a little fear of heights." I scoffed.

"Who doesn't?" I questioned rhetorically and he laughed.

"Fancy restaurant or take out?" He asked and I laughed; this is such and easy question.

"Take out." He smiled wide at my response and I shrugged.

"What's the point of going to some fancy restaurant for a date? If you truly like that person, all that you need is there company, right?" He nodded in response.

"Right." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Kids!" His mom called from downstairs and Elijah groaned. He kicked up and stood.

"Come on." He offered me his hand and I stood up on his bed.

"Ready?" I questioned and he raised an eyebrow.

"You're going to catch me." I smiled widely at him and he rolled my eyes, positioning his hands in front of him.

"Okay, promise to catch me?" I asked jumping up and down on his bed.

"Yes, now jump." He explained and I nodded.

I jumped off the bed and to Elijah. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso.

I pulled back and looked at him while laughing. 

He grinned at me and I untangled my legs, but my arms stayed around his neck and his hands were tightly gripping my hips.

"I'll always catch you." He whispered then he pulled away causing my hands to fall to the side.

Just that sentence sent my heart into overdrive. He smiled at me and grabbed my hand.

He pulled me out of his room and down the hall.

"Wait!" I whisper shouted and halted in my step.