Chapter 20

"Why do you call me trouble.?" I asked rudra when we were waiting for our food. I was very curious from the 1st time since he called me that. I mean I get a lot of nicknames but this one is something different.

Yes. Different in a very sweet way.

"I see we are still playing the game." He chuckled. I just shrugged. "What if I wanna skip this question" I know he is dodging it just to annoy me and I was getting annoyed.

"I am not sitting here with guns and bombs to blast you with if you won't answer my question." I shake my shoulders nonchalantly.

"Hmm. Not a good enough pitch for me......." He was saying but then the waiter came and served us our food.

"You know what. Forget it. I will focus on my food rather you being a jerk." I said and started eating.

"Mhhhmmm." I moaned while devouring my food with closed eyes. The food was delicious. I opened my eyes only when I need to take another bite. The atmosphere around us gave me that warm feeling which you won't find in high class restaurants. There was an old song was playing in the background on dj box. The owner seems to have a special place for music in his heart and much was Just the perfect touch that was needed in this calm weather. I will prefer having lunch in these kind of dhabas over those high class restaurants any day.

I felt rudra's eyes on me so I looked up and he was looking at me. He was smiling. When I raised my shoulders ––as if to ask what–– he just shook his head and focused on his food again. My heart thumped harder just by this simple look of him.

Stop jumping buddy. You are not going anywhere.

"Is there something on my face?" I asked dumbfounded. He looked up.

"Nope." He said in a husky voice. I nodded and focused back on my food. But my heart was not stopping and his voice was deeper than usual which made me feel the burn of sexual desires.

Stupid. Stupid hormones.

"I will go and settle the bill." He said when he was done with his food. I nodded and gave him money for my share. He shook his head and started walking but I grabbed his hand and gave it to him with a steel look. He took it with a sigh and went to pay it. I smiled to myself and sat back waiting for him to come.

There is some sexual tension between us which I can feel. The way his single touch makes me feel the aching and want of it at the same time. The way he sometimes whispers in my ears making my heart go all mad or sometimes he just keep staring at me. Anybody from afar can tell that we both have mutual liking for each other but I am not sure and I don't want to be sure if it will keep me away from that path of love. I don't want to again be in a relationship. Last one didn't turn out well and I don't want my emotions to be a mess again.

My mind was consumed by him. But I don't want to be that girl who can't live without a guy's support. I don't want myself to start feeling for any other guy. At least not this early. But with rudra it seems to be so tough. His actions, sweet gestures like kissing my forehead sometimes, his flirting and everything make it hard for me to not feel for him. I don't want to yet I can't stop myself.

Badan pe sitare lapete hue

Suddenly I heard someone singing . I turned my head to see the person and saw rudra standing there with a mic in his hands.

Oh Jane Tamanna kidhar ja rahi ho.

He imitated that open hands pose of SRK. I stood up in my place. I was shocked, confused and amused too. I don't think he expected me to come into his arms running like a damsel in distress in those cheesy bollywood movies. That's not me but that hopeful look in his eyes almost made me run to him. Almost. But I didn't and he stood sighed in disappointment ––which I knew he was faking–– and stood straight in his place again.