4

It's been a week since the Halloween dance and everything seemed to be taking a complete 180. I started hanging out with Miguel, Eli, and Demetri, even sitting with them at lunch, and I've enjoyed getting to know them a whole lot. Miguel was taking karate lessons with some guy he calls Sensei Lawrence but recently was forced to quit by his mom because of a fight he got in at the dance, which his bruises were still healing as of now. I've learned that Eli and I enjoy the same video games and movies, and Demetri likes to tutor me for history, my worst subject.

Robby has been giving me the silent treatment since I ignored his text at the dance, which I should probably go over and smooth things over with him. I genuinely felt bad.

"Let me ask you this, what's the best super power to have?" Demetri questioned Miguel as I took my seat at their table in the library. Eli smiled at me and slightly pushed over his open bag of mini cookies towards me as if to offer me some; I gratefully ate  one.

"Super strength."

"Clearly telekinesis." I butted in, munching on the cookie.

"Wrong; invisibility. Your attacker can't see you."

"Is this about you not liking the idea of Miguel doing karate again?" I asked. He shrugged. "I just don't see the point in purposely getting yourself in harms way. Now then, super speed would be a distant second so you can run away."

"Run away from who?" Kyler and his dork wad of a friend came up to us. Groans went out through the four of us as we looked away from him.

"Whom." His friend corrected, causing Kyler to look in his direction in confusion. "It's the object of preposition."

"We were just leaving." Miguel says quickly as we all got up. I quickly started helping Eli gather his things together since he was closer to me; the faster we gather, the quicker we could leave.

Kyler grabbed hold the back of Eli's neck and forced him to look at him, holding his jaw tightly.

"Hold on, look at this freak." Kyler's friend started laughing like a maniac. "Who would ever kiss this?"

I crossed my arms angrily as Eli stood there, letting it happen to him. I urged to punch Kyler, but I knew doing that would only make it worse for Eli.

"I would kiss him." I spoke up, trying to at least distract Kyler's attention away from him. Demetri and Miguel shot me a weary glance.

"Oh yeah?" Kyler shoved him slightly and made his way to me. "Then do it, freak."

I gulped slightly and started to break my stance. There was no way I could cheat on Robby but if I didn't... what would that mean for Eli?

"I can't. I have a boyfriend."

"Oh right! Yasmine told me you did and how he's not real. I bet you made him up so freaky lip here wouldn't ask you out."

My blood started boiling with fury the longer he spoke. How could anyone stand to be around him? It's just something I could never and would never understand.

"Come on just leave them alone." Miguel spoke in annoyance. Kyler stalked his way to him. "What was that? Haven't had enough 'Rrhea?" He questioned while his friend smacked Miguel's shoulder with a binder. When Miguel didn't answer, Kyler shoved his head, telling us to get out of there, his friend shoving both Eli and I as well. Demetri turned to leave as well but Kyler stopped him and grabbed his backpack.

"Man you don't want this."

"Oh come on not the trash!" He groaned. "I just threw a-" Kyler shoved his backpack into the garbage, "yogurt in there..." he said defeatedly. Miguel and Eli quickly walked out of the library so I stood there, waiting for Demetri to get his backpack out of the garbage.