Chapter 12

" So we've all been sharing at most, two memories of each other." Ratchet concluded. " I don't even want to think of the ways that shouldn't even be remotely possible."

" Is that why you shared your candles with us?" Bumblebee asked.

" Well, that and he looks very cool." Val said as he gestured at Smokescreen. " The color scheme is great." He earned a wide smile from the white and blue mech as Weslen seemed to sigh. " But, uh, End? He tried to hurt Smokey." He pointed at Knockout. " I'd understand a turn of events for him to be a good guy but what exactly did you see in your dreams to be the first among us to offer light?" Knockout hadn't put that into thought. The others had been wary and defensive, but she was very quick to trust him.

" Admittedly, some of his actions are questionable at best." She chuckled. " But he's just another person trying to live his life." She said with a soft smile, catching one from Knockout himself. " And he's very handsome." She added in an informative voice.

" True." Weslen shrugged.

" You're kidding me." Val scoffed in disbelief at Weslen's agreement. " I admit he's pretty flashy."

" Why thank you." Knockout smiled at the compliments.

" Careful. You're feeding his vanity." Wheeljack chuckled over Ultra Magnus' statement.

" Like he hasn't done that himself." Hyde spoke up.

" No no, keep going." Knockout waved dramatically. " Feed me~" He stuck out his tongue playfully as he posed. This caused the majority of the room to snicker and wheeze.

" Knockout, that's gross!" Miko said as she continued to laugh.

" Owl eyes, no." End said shaking her head.

" Owl eyes, yes." He replied with a smile. " I'd make a joke here but it might not be suitable for your age."

" How old are you sky kids anyway?" Arcee asked.

" Well, if I'm not mistaken, we're all the same age actually. 15." Arc told them.

" Seriously?" Jack raised looked at them in surprise. " You're not kidding?"

" Nope." Hyde replied, popping the p. " Well, at least I think so."

" You think so?" Raf gave a confused look.

" The children are all born in the same way." The voice echoed, it wasn't as gentle as The Vault Elder, it was tougher and had this steel to it. They turned to The Forest Elder as she entered the space with the other two in tow. " The stars descend upon the Earth of Home before they begin their journey through the realms. Starting with the Isle of Dawn. Each child is born before sunrise and raised in the light of each realm." She explained briefly as she set down her hammer. " The initial preparations for our return to the realms are complete. We leave in two days, children."

" Yes, ma'am." They said in unison and she gave an approving nod as she leaned back against the wall of the base with a sigh.

" I suggest you all rest first. It's been a long day." Ultra Magnus told them.

" Agreed." The Wasteland Elder finally spoke. His voice was deep and gravelly. Miko would later compare it to a bear.

Wheeljack onlined at the sound of small feet shifting. He sits up from his berth and glanced to the corner of his room where there was a small platform built for Miko's visits. Weslen was awake, sitting up and staring down at his own hands. The child pulled a sleeve further back to inspect a scar on his upper arm. It was like cracks on glass, glittering in a golden hue as though it would leak at any time. He traced the scar and rubbed it uncomfortably. There was a pause as he pulled the sleeve down and sighed. He glanced at the white mech, silence was exchanged between them as they stared at each other.

" Can't sleep?" The mech asked him in a quiet voice.

" No." Weslen said simply.

" Valley guy?"

" Yep." He sighed. " It's nothing." It was strange to think they bonded over dreams this way. " First guy I ever trusted and he threw me off a cliff. At a bunch of krills." He said bitterly.

" And now, you jump down cliffs to attract krill." Weslen chuckled at the remark. It was strange for both of them in this situation. " Need anything?"

" I'm good, Wheeljack." He reassured him. " I remember an End telling me that scars are like stories. They're a legend, a secret, anything really. Depends on how we look at it."

" A legend sounds cool." He smirked, displaying the scars on his mouth. " What do you think of yours?"

" I..." Weslen paused, thinking quietly for a moment. " A reminder. Not everything is what it seems."

" The guy didn't even look impressive anyway." Weslen chuckled at the remark.

" And that bug was uglier than a krill." Wheeljack laughed at the remark on Hard Shell. " Get some rest kid. You gotta get back if you wanna see your hero again." Weslen flushed. His second dream had been of the other Weslen that saved his life. Similar hair as him, but a girl.