Male!Byleth X Female!Reader

Dedicated to: @realpeachyy

I paced around Garrett Mach as I saw everyone getting ready for the inevitable. I groaned as I was shoved around in every direction. 'Can these people not be so rough!' I thought as I continued towards the classroom. Once I got there I let out a sigh of relief as I closed the doors. "This is chaos." I heard Ingrid say as she sat down. "Well Edelgard did declare war. It's only natural that everyone is rushing around getting prepared." Mercedes said. "Well we should all be training for the battle to come. Not just sitting here!" Felix said angrily. "Calm down. The Professor will tell us what to do." Sylvia added in. 'That's right.' I thought as i looked at everyone else. 'They're all probably thinking the same thing. The Professor will help us. Byleth will help us.' Just as o thought that, Byleth walked in. "Professor!!" Everyone practically talked at once, asking questions, strategies, and comments. "Students! Please calm down." Byleth said with authority. "The knights are doing everything they can, for now all we can do is train." Everyone looked at him with determined eyes. "If you do not mind me asking Professor, where is Dimitri?" Sylvain asked. "He is..." Byleth paused. "Training. Like we should be doing. Come on." Byleth started to lead everyone out of the classroom and to the training grounds. I stood in place. "Y/n, come on we have to be prepared for Edelgard." I sighed as I crossed my arms. "How are you so calm?" I asked my Professor. "Why are you so..." "So what?" Byleth asked. "Just so... amazing." I blushed. Byleth chuckled. "It has nothing to do with me being amazing." He said walking over hugging my shoulders. "I'm just following my orders. Everything is going to be ok. You're ok." He looked down at me and I blushed again. He turned away. "Take my hand. Let's go." "O-ok..." I said reluctantly taking his hand. When we went to the Training Grounds and started to train. I didn't. 'I'm already capable of defending myself.' "Y/n!!!" Mercedes waved as she walked over. "Come on! Let's train together!" "Mercie, that's too much work!" She giggled. "Always so humorous." She said. I looked around the Training Grounds. Ashe, Sylvain, Dedue, Annette, and Felix, Ingrid, Mercedes, and me. "Where's the Professor?" I asked Mercedes. "Ummm I don't know." "Perfect! Let's go find him." I said grabbing Mercedes' arm. "Anything to get out of training I guess." She said. "Well where do you think he is?" Mercedes asked. "I don't know. But we should probably start with the front of the Monastery and work our way inside since that's the safest option." I pointed out as Mercedes nodded. We made our way to the town and saw the merchants desperately packing up. "Wow. Everyone's really in a hurry to get out." Mercedes said. "It seems so." "Since we're not going to find him here I have a question." Mercedes smirked. "What is it?" "Do you like our Dear Professor or is the only reason you want to find him is to procrastinate?" I froze at the question. "Ahhhh." Mercedes giggled at my pause. "Mercie!!" I blushed. "Huh?" Mercedes said. "What do you mean 'Huh'!? You c-" "That can't be the Professor!?" Mercedes cut me off. I turned around and also went into shock. There was Byleth... with Edelgard! We stood there in shock for felt like hours. But we stood for too long. Edelgard glanced at us and then pointed. Then Byleth turned. He ran to us and grabbed us before we could even escape. "Sleep." Hubert casted a spell that sent both of us into a deep sleep.

————————————————————————
"Ugh." I woke up with pain as I my vision cleared. "Ah... you're awake." Byleth said looking more serious. "I see what you meant by 'following orders.' I said stretching. "I'm sorry. I agree with Edelgard." "I can tell." I said harshly. "I wanted to tell you but I didn't want to push you away." He said sadly. "Mm hm. Great job with that." He sighed.  "Where's Mercedes!?" I asked. "She's reuniting with her brother." "Her brother?" "Yes." Byleth smiled sweetly at me. "She's very happy with him. But that's besides the point." "It is?" Byleth looked at me with another saddening face. "I really like you and-" "You are my enemy." I interrupted him. "I understand that but maybe you don't go back." "What!?" "Stay here with me." He grabbed my hand. Mercedes is deciding the same thing and I'm confident she'll stay. I just want you to stay." Byleth said blushing madly.

Oh hell nah:
After I refused Byleth had to imprison me and Mercedes in the dungeon. After a couple months Rhea was brought to where we were. We made a plan to escape. Mercedes had a contact in the Empire that helped us. Her name was Constance. After getting us out, Constance led us down a path that led us to the Monastery. Constance sent word to Annette who came immediately to get us with the Knights Of Serios. The Monastery was not a great base, especially with our thin army so we established a base at Annettes Home. After Dimitri won the war the Monastery was burned down by the Empire in a last attempt at war. The new church was established in Annettes home as the North Church. Annette and Rhea both ruled over it.

Fine:
I accepted Byleth request to live with him. Although I refused to fight my people I stayed home and helped with building defenses in the Empire and soon had a girl named Christine. She was born with the Crest of Flames. Byleth and I had a wonderful life living as Commoners in the Empire. After the fight with Rhea in the Kingdom, Byleth and Edelgard went to fight Those Who Slither In The Dark. I only pray they come back safely. Christine's hair changed colors to a darker green after Byleth came back from fighting Rhea and I can only wonder why.