16.

You looked over to the bed to see a small slip of paper on the pillow

You looked over to the bed to see a small slip of paper on the pillow. You pulled out your gloves and pulled them onto your hands. You picked up the piece of paper and read the note on it.

"Spencer.." you whispered, looking at him. He reads the note in your hand and cursed under his breath.

"We need to get this to Hotch." He says as he puts on his gloves and grabs an evidence bag. He sticks the note into the bag then leaves the room.

"What is it?" Alex asks, confused. She didn't get a chance to read the note either.

"I can't talk about it, not now at least. Come on, we have enough from this crime scene." You whispered as you walked out of the house.

"Miss? Miss! Is there anything you can tell us?!" Reporters yelled out, grabbing your attention.

You stopped in your tracks and looked over to the reporters. You tried to speak but nothing was coming out.

"No comment." Alex speaks for you as you couldn't say anything. She grabs your arm softly and pulls you alongside of her. You look back to the reporters who was confused.

You entered the backseat of the car as Spencer was already in the driver seat. He pulls away from the crime scene as soon as Alex entered the car.

"What's going on?" Alex asks to anyone in particular, still not understanding the situation.

He looks into the mirror to look at you and he went back to focusing on the road.

"We'll talk about it later, I promise." Was all he said to her and the rest of the car ride was silent.

Spencer pulls into the parking lot of the police department and gets out of the car while opening your door. You couldn't move as you were frozen.

"Y/n, come on." he whispers, holding out his hand, wanting you to take it.

You looked at his hand then to his face and back to his hand. You slowly took his hand and he helps your out of the car. You walk together into the doors of the department. You approached Hotch and Spencer gives him the note that was in the bag.

"What is this?" Hotch asks as he takes the bag, looking at you both with a questioning look.

"Read it." Spencer answers, not saying anything more.

He read the note then looks at you, "This isn't good."

You shook your head and you grabbed the note to read it once more:

'I see you saw my message in the memory card. I have killed two women and you're next. Or should I say, your mother? You better find her fast, tick tock.'

You threw the note onto the table and you left the building. You started to breath heavily as you paced back and force in front of the doors. You started to shake uncontrollably as you started to sob.