22.

You made it to the hospital and they immediately take Spencer to the ward to care for him

You made it to the hospital and they immediately take Spencer to the ward to care for him. The EMT helps you out of the ambulance and you headed inside to wait. You found the waiting room and you walked back and forth, trying to calm yourself.

"Y/n, have you heard anything?" Derek asks as he approaches you.

"No, how long has it been?" You asked, facing Derek.

"A couple of hours. We found Charles and we got him into custody. He had a bag full of anthrax and he was going to release it." Derek tells you, and you gasped in shock.

"Oh my god." You didn't realize it has been a couple of hours since you came to the hospital.

"Yeah, turns out he wanted the attention." Derek sighed, his hands resting on his hips.

You scoffed as you rolled your eyes. You looked behind Derek to see Linda walking up to you.

"Is he okay?" You asked, when she got close.

"Yes, he'll be fine. He's sleeping but you can see him. He's in the ward, room 3045." She smiles and you nodded, immediately walking to his room, leaving Derek behind.

You found his room and you walked in slowly to stay quiet. You pulled up a chair and you sat next to his bed. You kept looking at him as he's sleeping. You heard a light knocking and you looked up to see Derek holding jello cups.

"Hey." He whispers, staying quiet to not wake Spencer up.

"Hi." you whispered back as he enters and pulls up another chair to sit next to you.

"You ran straight here, didn't you?" He asks as he hands you a jello cup.

"I- heh, yeah I did. There's no lying, is there?" You asked, your face going red, flustered.

"Nope. Is there something going on between you two because I have never seen someone run so fast to see Spencer." He puts a spoonful of jello in his mouth.

You opened your mouth to speak but you heard groaning from the bed. You looked over to see Spencer was waking up.

"You're eating jello?" He asks, his voice hoarse, squinting his eyes at the both of you.

"Hey, kid." Derek says as you smiled.

"Hey Doc, look who's back." Derek calls out for Linda.

"Is there any more jello?" He asks, really wanting jello.

"Hey, not so fast." Linda says as she walks in.

"What happened?" Spencer asks, adjusting himself on the bed.

"Hey, you're gonna be alright Spence." You spoke softly with a smile on your face.

"And we got Brown, it's over." Derek says as he gets up from his chair.