Does anyone else know?

August 2014

The months flew by and Fleetwood Mac gathered for their first rehearsal. There was no playing on the schedule for that day though. Simple get together, coming up with a setlist and if no serious argument were to take place, most likely a dinner after.

It was rare Stevie wasn’t late. Lindsey’s heart skipped a beat when she walked in, he hadn't seen her since the day of the interview a couple of months ago. She talking on the phone, so she waved at him and Christine who were already there. It was a strange sight, Stevie had always mentioned it in her interviews how she didn’t use a computer or even a mobile phone, everything got done through her personal assistant Karen.

Lindsey stood with his arms crossed, watching the singer giggle and whisper into the phone to someone on the other end of the line. All kinds of thoughts started swimming in his head and he knew if he asked, she wouldn’t tell or he wouldn’t like the answer.

“God, I’m so sorry!” Stevie finally put the phone back into her bag and went to greet her band mates.

“Who were you talking to?” Christine asked, knowing she wouldn’t receive a straight reply either.

“Oh, it doesn’t matter really.” Stevie shrugged, hoping not to get investigated.

“You seemed very engaged in that conversation.” Lindsey pointed out, jealousy obvious in his tone.

“I was talking to a friend, Lindsey, I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to.”

Like always, his way of avoiding problems was picking up his guitar and that was exactly what he did that moment.

The two women were left alone. There was still no sight of Mick and John, so Christine took Stevie’s hand and led her to a more private area. “Spit it out.”

“Huh?”

“Stevie, I know something’s up.”

“What do you mean?” She tried acting casual.

“I’m not stupid, Nicks, I’ve known you for thirty plus years. Who is he?”

“Christine, I don’t…”

“Yes, you do.”

Stevie sighed. “Not here.” Chris nodded and they went to her dressing room.

Stevie sat down on the couch and didn’t start speaking right away. “You don’t trust me or something?”

“I do, Chris of course, it’s just… It’s weird, I didn’t think it would be until I saw Lindsey out there.”

Christine sat down next to her friend, feeling sympathy. “Are you seeing someone?”

“Kind of. Trying to.”

“That’s good! That’s wonderful, Stevie.” Chris saw how uneasy the other singer of the band was, so she tried her good ol’ humor. “Forget about the pretty boy out there, let’s gossip!” Stevie smiled, appreciating the fact she wasn't the only woman in the band anymore. She begged Christine to come back every time there was a conversation about a tour and she was so glad her friend finally said yes. “Is it serious?”

Stevie shrugged. “Well…”

“Gee, you’re a grown woman, make up your mind!”

“I am serious, Chris, I don’t know, we don’t. We’re taking things slow and we’re trying to see how everything goes for us.”

“Is he from the industry?”

“Very much so.”

“Didn’t you tell women on on that Oprah's show not to date rockstars?”