Introduction

Betty’s Story

It has been 4 years since I have been in Riverdale, 4 years since I have seen him. Everyday I blame myself for what I did. But it is a new chapter of my life. I am finally going to my dream college, Yale. Let me catch you up on the past 4 years. I am living in Connecticut and in a small town called RiverValley. ( real creative ) It’s similar to Riverdale. They still have opposite sides of the town but called different names. Instead of the Northside it’s called the Villaside and for the Southside it’s called the Valleyside. They are both richer than Riverdale itself but the Valleyside are more like the people back on the Northside and the Villaside are more like how Veronica lodge lives. Luckily I am on the Valleyside but they are nothing compared to how the Southside lives. Instead of Pop’s there is a famous coffee shop called Lucy’s. I love their coffee but Pop’s milkshakes and burgers are the best no matter what. There are still “social classes.” I am not the “perfect girl next door.” I am the most popular out of the school surprisingly. When I came here 4 years ago I felt like I could start over and be who I want to be, not who my parents want me to be. That is exactly what I did. I have 2 really close friends. Hanna Hoffman and Reid Preston. They helped me out from the very beginning. I told them what went down in Riverdale and they were always there for me. We all are going to Yale and I am super excited about it. They are both from the Valleyside. “ Betty!” Hanna screamed at me and I looked her way. “ What were you thinking about, you were clearly not paying any attention to me.” She said. Hanna always loves attention. She is like Cheryl. Sassy when she wants and has a terrible past. She was left by her mom and her dad had to work 3 jobs so he didn’t really see her as much. When he was home he would drink a lot. Being the youngest at 8 years old she had to take care of Gracie and Lily. They are both 9 years old. They are the cutest little things. “ Yeah, what’s going on in that small brain of yours?” Reid jokes, I rolled my eyes and elbowed him in the side. Reid is like a brother to me. He is overprotective and cares a lot for everyone. We once kissed each other but we decided to be just best friends. I still don’t know where Polly or Charles live. They could be dead for all I know but I don’t want to find out. I haven’t talked to my mom or dad which is the best part about all of this. I hope he doesn’t hurt Jughead.  “ Just thinking about my old life.” I took a drink of my Iced vanilla coffee. “ Don’t think about that. You are in a much better place.” Hanna reassured me and I nodded. “ I know but-.” Then Reid cuts me off. “ We know, we know, Jughead.” He said then kept on going. “ You couldn’t do anything to warn him betts, and he is probably happy now.” I know that should make me happy but we said we would spend the rest of our lives together. “ Nice going idiot.” Hanna whispered to Reid. “ It’s fine guys, plus it was 4 years ago. He probably is super successful and has a wife now.” There was a silence between us until they struck up a conversation while I wasn’t listening. Then I started to think about what would have been. What if I told Jughead about this whole thing? Would we still be together? It doesn’t matter now. It’s not like I am ever going to see him again. Right?

Jughead’s Story
I can’t believe it has been 4 years since Betty has left me and this town. I try to not think about her but I fail. It hasn’t been the same since she left. A lot has changed. I have a girlfriend! Her name is Abby Paige. She is super kind to everyone and she is sometimes sassy. That’s what I like about her. We have been dating for almost a year. I still miss Betty like crazy but I have Abby now. She makes me happy and I feel like myself again. She joined the Serpents and now she is supposed to be my queen if I ask her. I am planning to do that soon but I think back to Betty. She was supposed to be my queen before she ripped my heart out. “ Hey Juggie!” Abby came into the booth and kissed my cheek. “ I see that you are working on another article.” Then she looks at it and her cherry smile turns into a frown. Then she reads the article headline. “‘Hal and Alice Cooper are arrested for abusing their own kids.’ Wow when did that happen?” She tilts her head like Betty did when she was confused. “ Last Tuesday. Apparently Polly Cooper is back with her two children and Charles with his new wife, Catherine. They finally told the cops and now their parents are sentenced to death. They are staying at the Cooper house. I just wished that-” Then she cut me off. “ Is Betty Cooper a part of their family?” She asked me. “ Yeah, how do you know her?” I asked her. “ I was in her cabin from camp in second grade. She was scared to death to make friends and she told me stuff that happened to her but nothing compared to this. How do you know her?” My heart stopped. Tell her the truth Jughead! “ Umm, we kind of…dated” I whispered. “ For how long?” She asked me. “ For a year but then she, um, broke up with me.” I said not looking at her. Abby isn’t one for jealousy. She is very understanding. “ It’s ok, I am not mad at you. I am glad you told me this instead of me finding out on my own.” I smiled a little then she came over the table and kissed me and I kissed her back. “ Thank you, it’s just kind of weird to talk about it.” And she nodded. “ I get it. I was in the same position as you but I got dumped and moved here.” I looked up at her. “ So are you excited for Yale?” I asked about changing the subject. “ I am super excited and even more excited that you are going too.” We both smiled. “ Me too, we leave in several days. Are you ready?” And she nodded her head eagerly. “ Yep and I got everything packed.” Then I laughed at her.” Dork.” And she rolled her eyes. Then her phone was ringing and then she picked up. “ Hello?” “ Hey V.” Right now?” Then she sighed. “ Ok I will, bye.” Then she put her phone into her pocket. “ Sorry Veronica wants me to go with her, Cheryl, and Toni and shop for shoes and that stuff.” I smiled and then nodded. “ Of course, have fun. I will see you at home.” Then we kissed and then she pulled away. “ I love you.” She said. “ I love you too, stay safe!” I yelled because she was already out of the door. She waved to me and then I finished my article. Sometimes I wish something would be different but it is what it is.

Hi, this is the kind of the introduction and catching up with them. I added some characters because Betty needed friends outside of Riverdale but I came up with the names of RiverValley and the sides on the spot because I am terrible at naming towns and that stuff. Tell me if you like it and if I should keep going. I will probably have some spelling mistakes but it's whatever. Anyways thank you for reading it and please comment!! Have a good day!