When Did Life Become So Complicated

Jughead's Story

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I sighed then checked the time, 9:50. Crap, Betty. I am supposed to meet her at 10:00. I got dressed, brushed my teeth l, and then ran out the door and ran to Pop's. I was thinking because I could've road my motorcycle and fixed my hair. When I got there I was tired of running but I checked my phone and it was 10:24. Didn't do as bad as I thought on time. I looked in the window at my reflection and I fixed my hair. I also forgot my beanie. When I came into Pop's I looked around if Betty was there and I saw her in the second to last booth looking around. When she saw me she smiled at me and I walked towards the booth and sat down. " Hey, I am so sorry I am late, I slept through my alarm and-" then I got cut off by her giggling. " Why are you laughing?" I asked her. " You always sleep through your alarm clock." And I smile too. " Anyways, I have some questions on why you left." Then her smile turned into a grown real fast. " Jugh-" then I cut her off. " No, Betty, I deserve to know." She sighed and then nodded. " I know but you will hate me." She said, tearing up and looking down. " I don't hate you for what you did." And our food came, so we ate. Do I tell her I already know the reason she left? I thought to myself. " Betty, I know why you broke up with me." Once I said that she sobbed even more than she already did. Now. everyone is staring at us at Pop's so I came over to her side and wrapped her into my arms and she did the same. Once she calmed down I told her what JB said to me. " She promised me not to tell you." And I nodded. " But I know the real reason so that's good right?" I said trying to cheer her up. Then she cried into my arms again but this time I don't know why. " Why are you crying now, Betts?" I said tilting her chin up and whipping my thumb across her cheek. " Because Jughead, I still love you. I've never stopped loving you but you have, and I can't get in the way of what you and Abby have together." Then she tried to leave the booth but I grabbed her hand and she turned around. When she did I kissed her. I know I shouldn't have but at that moment it felt really good. Having her lips on mine, tasting the same bubblegum chapstick from years ago. Betty didn't stop me either but I did when I realized we were still in Pop's. " Umm, I have to go." Then I bolted out the door leaving Betty at Pop's all alone. Why did I just do that? I cheated on Abby. How should I tell her? All of these thoughts were consuming me. I need to go back to Connecticut. I ran to my trailer and got out my suitcase and started packing. " What are you doing?" I heard a voice and I turned back and it was my mom. " This was a mistake and I need to go." I said putting my shirts in the suitcase but then she took them out and led me to my bed. Then we sat down and she spoke. " What happened?" She asked me. " I umm." Then I didn't say anything for 5 minutes. " I kissed Betty." I said, looking down. Then it went silent for another 5 minutes until my mom said something. " Are you in love with her?" I looked up and sighed. " I keep getting asked that." And she smiled and put her hand around me. " If you do love her, you should never run just because you are scared. It never gets you anywhere." I know my mom was right on this. But I don't know how I feel. I know that sounds stupid. " But what about Abby?" I asked. " Abby will be ok. You just need to know what you want." I nodded and then sighed. " When did life become so complicated?" And she laughed and then I kept going. " It feels like yesterday when Betty was living with us and we thought nothing bad would ever happen again. I wish we could go back to that." Then mom nodded and she hugged me. " I know, me too." Then she looked at me. " If you love her then tell her how you feel." I know when she meant by her. Betty. She isn't wrong though. I do love Betty and I have to get her back. " Thanks, mom." I kissed her on the head and went out the door running.

Hi, how was your day? Did you think that would happen? Neither did I, but it was bound to happen at some point. Don't you just love Gladys in this story? I made her a good person in this if you didn't already know that. If Jughead loves Betty, will he tell her? Or will he leave? What do you think will happen? I'll post the next part on Friday, then Sunday, and maybe Tuesday. I'll post the next part of " He Is Back" Saturday, and Monday. Maybe tomorrow but I don't know since it's Thanksgiving. Anyway, thank you for reading my stories. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Question:

Who is your least favorite character in Riverdale?

Let me know what your answers are in the comments! :)