I'm Sorry But I Don't Feel The Same

Let's just ignore the fact that I forgot to update :) okay? Please bare with me while I try to adjust to my writing and uploading schedule again. Also, can we talk about the dynamic of Kikyo and Bakugou's relationship? Like I would love to be in her place rn with Bakugou or Oikawa... or Levi... or Kaneki... or Bokuto... or Akaashi... or- okay, I should stop. And will I ever stop the joke that Bokuto sounds like Bakugou? The answer is no, I will forever make that joke. Anyway on with the story :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikyo's Pov

Eight-thirty. Eight-fucking-thirty. My dad wanted to meet me for breakfast at eight-thirty in the morning. Normally, eight-thirty if not within my business hours. Which would explain my general dislike towards the said time. Then again, he is my dad and I just can't blow him off like it's nothing. Besides, I owe him one for stopping my mom from hitting me from the last time I saw her.

Which now brings me to my current point in time. Here I am, sitting across from my dad in a booth. The restaurant we were in wasn't a very big or popular chain but the food is really good, making me wonder why they don't have more locations. I awkwardly watched my dad text on his phone while waiting to be taken care of by a waiter or waitress.

Why even meet me here if he's gonna be on his phone?

I shifted slightly in my seat, hoping he would put down his phone sometime soon. I won't say that my dad was worse than my mom, but his choice in words and advice can be... demeaning and discouraging, to say the least. My eyes darted around the restaurant, my eyes landing on the waiter making his way towards us. I gave him a shy smile and he returned it with a smile of his own. My dad took notice of the waiter in front of us, putting down his phone.

"Hi, I'm Haru, I'll be your waiter for today," he greeted. "Can I start you off with some drinks?"

"I'll have a coffee and she'll have orange juice." my dad ordered.

"Actually," I interjected softly. "I would also like a coffee with hazelnut creamer, please."

The waiter smiled and nodded, "I'll get that right out."

We both thanked the waiter as he walked away. My dad turned to me, finally ignoring his phone which was placed to the side.

"I thought you liked orange juice?" my dad asked.

"No, not really." I denied, making my dad nod.

"Well, congratulations on getting so far in the sports festival." my dad smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled softly back.

"Tell that soulmate of yours that I said congratulations for winning the damn thing," he added on.

"I will." I nodded.

"Speaking of Bokuto-"

"Bakugou." I corrected him.

"Bakugou, right, why isn't he here with you?" he asked.

"He knows I'm here but we figured that you would want only me here," I explained.

My dad nodded, "And how are you living with Kyle-"

"Kye." I corrected him again.

He doesn't even remember their names.

"Kye, right. Are you safe there?" he continued.

"Yeah, I am. I like living there, it's nice." I answered.

My dad nodded again and Haru came back with our drinks.

"Here's your coffee." he smiled, placing down both of our mugs and a small bowl of creamers. "Are you guys ready to order or do you need a couple more minutes?"