Chapter 18

Earth 1: The Monitor's Ship

The Anti-Monitor & his Anti-Paragons have been defeated, but at what cost. John Stewart is dead, killed by Doomsday of Earth 100. After John died his power ring has chosen Clay Jensen his successor and became the new Green Lantern. After Superman tossed Doomsday into the sun, he makes his way back to The Monitor's ship and lands on the hanger bay deck where Clay & Hal Jordan were waiting for him.

Superman: Doomsday is dead.

Hal Jordan: So is John. And his ring has chosen his successor.

Both Superman & Hal Jordan look at Clay as he too is heartbroken that John Stewart gave his life to protect him & Hannah.

Clay Jensen: He sacrificed himself to protect me & Hannah. But why did his ring choose me?

Superman: Because of the way you put yourself in harms way in order to protect Hannah from Doomsday.

The 3 of them head back to the bridge as Batman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Supergirl, Buffy, Hannah, Hellboy, the Ninja Turtles, Pariah, & The Monitor surround John Stewart's lifeless body as they mourn his loss. They enter the bridge as Hannah turns to Clay and runs to hug him tightly while Superman & Hal Jordan go towards John's body to mourn the loss of their friend.

Hannah Baker: (Crying) Thank god you're ok. Don't ever do anything like that again, ever!

Clay Jensen: I'm just glad you're safe.

Hal Jordan: John Stewart was one of the finest Green Lantern's. But more importantly, he was a really good friend. He was like a brother to me.

Batman: A brother to us all.

Woman Woman: One of the bravest man I've ever known.

Hawkgirl & John Stewart once had a relationship that ended 4 years ago. The sight of her former lover now dead is even more heartbreaking for Hawkgirl as she drop to her knees and cries over his dead body.

Clay Jensen: He gave his life to protect me & Hannah. I don't even know how to...

Martian Manhunter: You're already honoring him.

Hawkgirl: (Crying) You're wearing his ring. He choose you for a reason.

Hearing that reminded Clay of the reason why The Monitor brought him here as he turns his attention towards him.

Clay Jensen: You knew this was going to happened, didn't you.

The Monitor: Yes, I have foreseen his death and you succeeding him.

That made everyone in the room very angry.

The Flash: You knew he was gonna die?

The Monitor: Yes, it was destiny. His destiny.

Clay gets offended with that statement.

Clay Jensen: My destiny? My destiny was for him to die and get his ring?

The Monitor: I don't control the outcome.

Batman takes his cape off and covers John Stewart's body with it. Everyone scatters around the ship. The Martian Manhunter radios in the Justice League to tell them the bad news, Hal Jordan goes back down to earth to spread news to the both the Green & Blue Lantern Corp of John's death, Supergirl finds a cabin on the ship and begins to break down as she mourns, Clay & Hannah also find a cabin as they lay on the bed together and start to mourn the loss of not just John Stewart but also the loss of their friends, their families, & the people of Earth 217. Buffy, Hellboy, the Ninja Turtles find the kitchen as they sit and just take a breather.