Chapter Nine: Loopholes...

"See. This is the type of shit you should be investing in." Braden encouraged as he stood in their VIP section of Mile High strip club. He had invited a couple of their friends to come along in celebration of Donavon's success to date. Typically, Don would've been drunk receiving lap dances from several of his favorite girls. However, tonight he felt differently. He eyed the dancer on stage, taking a sip of his Dom Pérignon. He could tell she was new but that didn't stop her from outperforming the vets.

His mind was fixated on everything that was going in his life. He didn't mean to snap on Honey or treat her so coldly throughout the day. He knew she was probably going through enough herself and his attitude didn't make it better. Stepping down from the VIP section, he made his way to bathroom to call her.

"Hello." She said dryly into the phone.

"Hey...are you at home?"

"No." He knew she was being short with him purposely.

"Well, can you be there within the next hour?"

"I'm getting my hair done right now Don. I don't jump just because you ask me to." She said with a bit of an attitude.

"Baby I'm not asking you to do that. I just want us to talk with one another. I mean really talk about everything." Honey took her time responding to him.

"Give me maybe two hours."

"Thank you. I'll see you soon."

🍯🐝 🍯🐝 🍯🐝

"Girl, stop being so mean to that man. How'd you like it if someone sprang some mess like that on you? Plus the whole baby thing was before you anyways. Not much you can do but be prepared to play step-momma." Honey sat in the chair of her sister's basement salon as she got her hair braided. "And you lucky you're getting to know the child early on, that way the baby will have no choice but to love you. She or he won't have a bias due to their mother being spiteful."

"With the way Vicki is acting, I wouldn't be surprise if she still attempted to plant lies into their heads about me." Alina completed the final braid, turning her sister around toward the mirror.

"Well...you can't punish him if you choose to stay. Remember that."

"You didn't hear how he talked to me."

"Well bitch he should've cussed your ass out. Damn right he has a right to be upset about you and his brother. The simple fact that you nearly fucked the child to begin with probably eats away at him as is. You just said Kinsley asked if you wanted to have a threesome with them, that means he's still interested in you sexually despite you getting serious with his brother. You need to nip that shit as well. Because clearly if he hears it from Don he's not taking it seriously."

"I hear you."

🍯🐝 🍯🐝 🍯🐝

Honey sat on the back patio of Donavon's home as he prepared another drink for the two of them. They were tackling majority of what needed to be talked about. She was growing a bit tired of saying Vicki's name as he explained to her what happened when she came to the house.

"Considering you got that settlement and your businesses are growing, you don't think she did this on purpose do you?"

"Not in that way. Vicki comes from money so she'd have it with or without my help. I may have slipped up with her. Knew I should've fucked you in that room that night, this could've been avoided." Honey laughed while taking a sip of her drink.

"Does she have any upcoming doctor's appointments?"

"Yeah...she's supposed to be emailing me about it too but I haven't received anything."